Droid X painfully slow with Horrible battery life

Last Updated: 2011-06-08 02:33:50
  1. D.X

D.X Member

My rooted Droid X running Gingerbread 2.3.3 is SO SLOW! What can I do at this point to speed it up? The battery life is awful and I have to charge several times a day. I've been thinking about resetting my phone, but want to know what all this does. Do I lose root access? What about my apps? Pics? Etc?

Advertisement
  2. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member

Yes, please do a factory reset. You lose nothing saved on your SD card (pictures, music etc) and you don't lose your paid apps and your contacts.

What you lose is your application data settings so you'll have to log back in to all your accounts. If you have games, you may lose your saved progress, high scores, etc. You also lose your txt messages. You are rooted, so you can save all that with Titanium Backup and restore things individually.

My DX (GB596) has never run faster, smoother, or had battery life this long.

Good luck
    D.X likes this.
  3. D.X

D.X Member

What's the easiest and quickest way to do this?
  4. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

download titanium backup...i suggest the paid version...its a great app, worth the money...

run a batch backup...it will backup ALL your apps and their data/settings...do the factory reset in clockwork and then when you reboot...most of your apps will start to sync again (or should...sometimes ive had nothing sync)...then you can restore everything using titanium
    D.X likes this.
  5. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Mine was slow after GB too, battery life sucked as well. I did reboots, but it would eventually slow down again. I reset it (which I HATE DOING) and it seems better...except for the battery life. I can't figure out why the battery is so bad now. :(
  6. D.X

D.X Member

Sorry, but what do you mean by do the facory reset in "clockwork"? I already had Titanium Backup and have done the batch backup for all of my apps and their data/settings. Also, should I do the reset with my card in or out?
  7. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

you mentioned you were rooted..."clockwork" as in "clockwork recovery." You use bootstrapper to get there...
    D.X likes this.
  8. D.X

D.X Member

Ok, so I was able to get all that done and while it is definitely better, it still seems sluggish and hesitates at times. Are there any specific apps known for causing this? Any other tips are appreciated!
  9. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge Well-Known Member

Maybe you should just sbf back to froyo..I am,my device just works better on it,and the battery life is almost double on froyo....