Droid X Phone Capability

Last Updated:

1. EatingPoopIsUnhealthy

EatingPoopIsUnhealthy Member This Topic's Starter

The Droid X looks rad and I've seen countless threads on super neat features like the pictures it can take and all the apps it has. But does it make good phone calls? I actually want to talk to a person occasionally.

Advertisement
  2. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member

works fine for me

3. AMDXP

AMDXP Well-Known Member

Ive been impressedwith the voice quality thus far. The speakerphone works very well in my humble opinion. It is loud enough and clear.

4. Rockmystery

Rockmystery Member

This.
    Mine sounds great, even in a crowded mall!

5. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Mine sounds awsome! Way better than my original droid.

6. Anemone

Anemone Active Member

Switching from an LG dare, the sound quality is amazing, also with super good voice cancellation!

7. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

The reception + the noise cancellation makes it a real good phone for making calls.

8. ASC

ASC I'm Shy VIP Member

I've had mine a week and honestly I don't remember making a call yet. LoL
    (I hate talking on the phone)

9. Der Juicen

Der Juicen Well-Known Member

the noise canceling is pretty awesome. i can plug my X into my car stereo via just a standard audio cable listen through my car crystal clear, and my voice is picked up by the mics on the phone. and there is no weird echo for the person on the other end.

a friend of mine tries this with his iphone and i can always hear myself echo in the background from the car speakers. its so annoying.

eat it iphone users.

10. imadreamer143

imadreamer143 Active Member

Hahahhahahahaaaa I can soooo relate :)

11. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Droid X is probably one of the best sounding phones ever released, definately the best sounding of the new batch of smartphones. Noise cancellation, diversity antenna, etc. All ensure you can make calls and people can hear you clearly. So the Droid X excels as an actual phone.

But I've got to ask, what's up with your avatar and username. No way is apple taking a dump on android. Makes me think that this question was some sort of troll.

12. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

Haha glad I'm not the only one. I had to take last call widget off because I felt like a douche when it always said 4-5 days since my last call.

13. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

It's simply the best cell phone on the market today.

14. deadinside

deadinside Well-Known Member

I am very satisfied with my droids phone capability. My Samsung Behold 2 could not compare with this. I talk on my phone when I leave work and I am in downtown Pittsburgh for about 15-30 minutes waiting on the bus and its a lot easier to talk.

Example: I got out of work, was talking to my girlfriend and caught a bus that takes me into the middle of downtown and was waiting on the other bus and she did not hear any of the background noises and thought I was waiting outside my works bus stop still.

With the behold 2 the noise was usually so bad that I would have to let her go until I got on the bus heading to my home.

15. robw56

robw56 Member

I came over from the Blackberry world having just traded up from an original Storm. For all of its faults and quirks it (like most Blackberries) had outstanding call quality. Having said that, I would put the DX right up there with them. I have no complaints with the call quality of this phone despite having some minor hearing damage from years in a automotive shop. Now, the last LG flip phone I had...that was a real P.O.S.

16. Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero Well-Known Member

I've been able to talk normally from across a relatively large room with speaker phone. Call quality is crystal clear. Definitely a good buy.

17. Statmtb

Statmtb Active Member

Bingo!

18. skinnhc

skinnhc Well-Known Member

19. msroboto

msroboto New Member

I wish everyone had the droid x. I'm tired of listening to the background noise on other peoples phones. I always have to tell them...why don't you call me back when you get somewhere quieter.

20. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

It's a pretty good phone. The sound is very good. I had to switch from my house line to the X at one point I the X sounded better. Maybe a little awkward to hold due to it's width, but the hump actually helps me keep a good grip on it.
    I've occasionally had volume issues where it's hard to hear through the earpiece and once I had a strange tinny rattle during a call (sounded like a blown speaker). Both problems seem to have stopped, but I've heard others have similar, but more persistent, issues.

I'm not happy with the speakerphone at all the once or twice I tried to use it. Not a big showstopper for me. It works in a pinch.

Bluetooth headset support blows. I hate it. This is my biggest problem with the phone. The voice command system is slow to respond and often hard to hear (it seems to constantly set it's volume down too low, what is it with the phone and volumes?). It also is incompatible with the password lock screen, meaning if my phone is locked bluetooth doesn't work. I basically have to disable the lock screen completely (using a 3rd party app) before getting in the car. I'm hoping 2.2 fixes this.

21. Chemist Errant

Chemist Errant Active Member

Have you tried using tasker to set audio volumes for different situations, like having a BT device linked? It can also disable the lock screen when linked to a BT device.

22. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Makes and receives calls just fine. One person in particular complimented the sound of my voice in comparison to my BB Storm.

23. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

I've been very pleased with the call quality on both ends of a call. And have yet to drop a call.

24. bgillyjcu

bgillyjcu Well-Known Member

EXCELLENT....the first thing my mom said when we talked the day I got it was you sound really different. She explained that I sounded much clearer than my old LG Dare made me sound.

25. EatingPoopIsUnhealthy

EatingPoopIsUnhealthy Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you normal people for all of your replies. All of you who think I'm a troll...I am sorry for asking a question and I am sorry for having a funny avatar. I have an old phone and I want a new phone but I don't care about all of the extras these smart phones have. I have nothing else to say because any question I guess I'm a troll.