• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X Physical buttons seem loose?

I wish moto hadn't made them rocker buttons. They feel really cheap. Everything else about the phone is really solid except for those buttons, and I still cant figure why they would do that. They should be individual buttons just like virtually every other smartphone (minus those with capacitive buttons... i hate those even more.)

Upvote 0
Mine have a slight up and down rocking motion. But they don't feel loose or cheap enough to fall out of the phone, not yet at least.

I thought the physical buttons would be a plus, coming from the Eris that had HORRIBLE capacitive touch buttons. I tried the Inc's buttons in the store, and they were a dream compared to the Eris. I chose the X over the Inc, and yes, the physical buttons are probably my biggest pet peav about the phone. But not big enough to make me drop the X.

I consider them a small minus in a vast sea of pluses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones