Droid X physical ButtonsSupport

Last Updated:

1. phatajames167

phatajames167 New Member This Topic's Starter

is there a way to set the physical buttons on the side and front to do things when the screen is off like go to the next song or volume up? it would be great for when im listening to music that way i dont always have to turn the screen on and unlock just to turn the volume up or down.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Moved to the Droid X forums for you, phatajames. ;)

phatajames167 likes this.
  3. phatajames167

sorry, didn't see the phone section. iu looked before posting, guess not hard enough

4. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

The Widgetlocker app allows use of the volume buttons when locked. You can use the camera button for stuff too, but I don't use it so I can't remember what's available. Volume comes in handy, tho

5. bm196

bm196 Member

Don't have the answer, but there is also an app out there (searched, but couldn't find, after seeing it referenced in one of the frorums) that will allow for changing when the button lights come on and how long they stay on. Perhaps the answer is also in that app if anyone knows of it. I believe it has to do with power control.

6. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I'm confused. When I'm using the stock mp3 player my volume buttons are active even when the screen is locked. Being able to pause/play or go to the next track would be nice but raising or lowering the volume is no issue.

7. arelunde

arelunde Member

Ya. My rocker button works on the sound even when the X is locked. Also, interesting to note that you can switch from the album cover to a sound-generated computer graphic by touching the box that contains the cover! Pretty cool!

8. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

When I am on phone calls and the screen turns off, sometimes the rocker volume buttons don't operate. Drives me crazy. I have to 'activate' the screen and then lower or raise the volume. I'm hoping all of this is a bug until 2.2 arrives.

9. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

What do u mean? 2.2 arrived weeks ago! Haha

10. phatajames167

your right. the volume buttons do work when the screen is locked. im also using widgetlocker but had the function turned off

11. phatajames167

still would be awesome though to have the front buttons be able to go to the last song, stop, play, and go to the next song though. would that be manageable through an app or would it have to be rooted first?

12. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Just bringing this thread back from the dead again. Have updated to 2.2, and the volume rockers only work when the screen is off. When the droid x security lock (hello motorola) activates and requires the pattern or numbers to unlock, the volume rocker buttons don't function, either for media for for phone calls. I have to illuminate the screen in order to restore functionality (though I don't need to unlock the phone).

13. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member

My rocker works with screen off

14. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Yes, with screen off, but what about when the screen is locked (as when the security lock engages after your preset time duration)?

15. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I hated that security lock thing. I disabled it as soon as I noticed it was active. Is this a corporate phone?

16. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have my exchange client on it and my IT department was really insistent that I use the lock.