droid x, picasa and gallery syncing.....Support

Last Updated:

1. danlaw777

danlaw777 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so i have my dx, i have my picasa as an account yet my picasa albums still arent in my gallery. anyone know how to fix this??

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I posted a thread about this yesterday because i'm having the same problem. No fix yet. I tried resetting my x several times and removing and re adding picasa, hopefully thus gets fixed soon.

3. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

The Picasa account on the X might only be used for uploading from the phone to your account.

Not 100% sure though. I don't think it syncs your albums. But it may also be a privacy setting on your Picasa albums. I know Photobucket has this issue.

4. chrlswltrs

Syncing to your gallery is a feature of android 2.1. It worked perfectly on my droid and i had all of my web albums in my gallery

5. danlaw777

danlaw777 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for sharing, but HOW did you do that?

6. cybrwulf

cybrwulf Member

Look for a program in the Market called "Just Pictures" it will allow you to view pics online from Facebook, Picasa, Flickr, etc.

7. chrlswltrs

On the droid in your account settings under google there was 4 options: calendar, contacts, gmail, and picasa. On the X picasa is a separate account from google when you add accounts. On the droid as long as you had picasa checked to sync it was automatic, however only down not uploading.

8. Arcstriker

Arcstriker Member

I've been all thru the phone with no luck. I would rather not use a 3rd party program to do this, I wish it would work like the Droid. I also noticed that there was no way to set the facebook sync, to either sync only the contacts in google, or add ALL the contacts... I guess there are some bugs to work out on the X. hopefully they will get taken care of. I really loved using the Picasa on my Gallery.

9. Droid Digger

Droid Digger New Member

WACOMalt likes this.
  10. WACOMalt

WACOMalt Member

Thanks, That works for now. Completely confusing as to why they dont understand the issue whenever I call them. Their suggestion was "Sorry sir, I dont know what your talking about, find an app for whatever it is your talking about." ... not a direct quote.. but sadly pretty close.

11. chrlswltrs

Does anyone have an .apk for the gallery app on the droid that will sync with picasa and will it work properly if I install it on the x?

12. chrlswltrs