Droid X QPST ?Support

Last Updated:

1. steve500

steve500 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I would like to know if anyone has figured out if service programming of the Droid X works exactly like the Droid did...

I'm trying to HW Virtual Serial port to set up a com port for my droid X but it doesn't seem to be working. All drivers are installed correctly and the Motorola Networking driver shows up in my device list and has a DHCP IP of 192.168.16.6, tried following the Motorola Q QPST guide with no luck, do I have to boot up the droid X in a certain mode like the Droid ?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. steve500

steve500 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got it to connect

Purpose is to get it programmed to Alltel like I did with my Eris

Welp, QPST recognized it and everything just fine.

I went to CDMA workshop, sent the SPC code, unlocked, backed up the NV storage, and then edited the NV storage and changed values with a hex converter for alltel 3G settings, etc... wrote the new NV file, all seemed well, wrote the Alltel PRL, all still seemed well. Rebooted my Droid X and... no service, turned airplane mode on/off, still no service, went to software info, phone reports no MEID/ESN, uh oh. QPST will not recognize it, CDMA workshop does though, in cdma workshop, tried to restore the NV backup and it says the phone does not answer.

Tried restoring the phone, didnt reset the radio back to defaults, crap, what do i DO :(

Can I reflash the phone ? does motorola have a tool for that? or... yikes, do I need to get it replaced? this is not good.

3. audiofx

audiofx Member

How did you end up getting it to connect to QPST? How did you get it into programming mode to create a virtual port? Also the proper drivers. Thanks

4. vasuki

vasuki New Member

I'm attempting to update service settings using qpst and was curious it you resolved your issue. It's new territory for me. Thanks.

5. Kryptonit3

Kryptonit3 New Member

chrs likes this.
  6. chrs

chrs Well-Known Member

I was all excited to ready your tutorial, but that site seems to be gone! Any chance you could repost somewhere?

7. flash123

flash123 New Member

I'm having the same type of issue, where I've flashed prl, z4root, and have cricket on the *611.
    CDMA connects, HW virtual serial port connects, yet QPST is clueless at not connecting or showing it.

I've scoured the net and haven't found an answer to this, is there something I'm not doing with the phone? I'm on my 2nd droidx flash in two days and it won't show it on this one either.

Solved(kinda): I had to close CDMA, I assume it was hogging the port and not letting anything else use it(QPST). Added the port and it should have connected, but now I get a not supported error!

8. inactivemember

inactivemember Member

For Cricket, sbf to .602, root and bootstrap (optional flash new rom) as in this thread http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ad-602-sbf-root-process-updated-9-9-11-a.html
    then follow this tutorial to flash
    Flash MOTOROLA DROID X to Cricket 2.2 Froyo Talk, Text, MMS, Internet

Sometimes there are still problems with MMS, and you can flash the file found here Cricket / MetroPCS Web/MMS Flash 8/9 - xda-developers in clockwork mod (pretty sure only the 3.0+ clockwork file is available still, so flash the 3.0+ recovery from Rom manager first) as I have found it helps even on the $55 plan.