Droid X question please help

Last Updated:

1. Nitrofrost

Nitrofrost New Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys I have a question about the Droid X. I don't have a Droid X but I want one. I am currently at Tmobile and my contract will end in April. My phone is dieing on me and I need a new one. I would love to get the Droid X but that would mean I would have to transfer to verizon and pay a shit ton of money to drop my 4 lines.

Now I could just ride my tmobile contract out and add the data plan and just by the Droid X unlocked but I don't know if I can us it on tmobile via the sim card?

Does anyone know if I can use the Droid X with tmobile and then when my contract ends I can just switch over to Verizon.

Advertisement
  2. wxman2003

wxman2003 Well-Known Member

I believe T mobile is GSM and verizon is CDMA. A GSM phone will not work on verizon, and vice versa. So in short the answer to your question is no.

3. Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold Well-Known Member

wxman2003 is absolutely 100% correct...good answer

4. Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold Well-Known Member

AT&T and T-Mobile = GSM
    Verizon and Sprint = CDMA

5. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

The Droid X isn't even a world phone. Therefore, no sim card.

6. breynolds007

breynolds007 Well-Known Member

May be smarter to just buy another used T-Mo phone (Nexus One maybe) until your contracts are up with them. Or, if you need a quick fix, you can hit Walmart and buy any T-Mo prepaid phone and throw your SIM in it so you have something to use for now. FYI, I switched to Verizon 6 mos ago after being with T-Mo for 8 years and yes they are more expensive, but it is worth it..service is much better. And customer service is also great!