DROID X Questions from a beginner plz help!Support

Last Updated:

1. Dains11

Dains11 New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 19, 2010

I have a few quick questions for my droid x that I thought you guys might be able to easily help me out with.

1. For the gmail app, can someone explain what it means to me to sync every 4 days as compared to 1? Also to "Sync all"
    - the reason I ask this is because I had 7 new emails in my gmail account, which my gmail app on the droid TOLD me, but I couldn't see them until I changed that setting. Does it use more battery?

2. Is there a way to delete the bullshit apps that have come preloaded with the droid x? I don't want that motoblur crap, I don't want the friend finder or w.e it is either.

3. I do NOT want all 2,000 of my facebook friends on my contact list. I do know that I can change the group to be just phone contacts, but still, is there anyway I can reverse this and have them taken away?

4. Whats the best way for saving battery? I do have the appkiller, but I found that manually stopping certain programs by going into settings helped me more. I'm a little confused because appkiller will kill some functions, and then 5 minutes later (the friend finder one) it will be back running again.

For anyone that takes the time to read this, thanks very much. I appreciate it.

2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    2) The only way is with root which allows you change and remove things from the phone that the manufacturer never intended. Look for rooting information in the Droid X section. Beware! You can seriously affect (and destroy) the functionality of the phone if you remove some things!

3) In Sense, I know you can uncheck the option to see Facebook contacts in Contacts. I don't know how in Motoblur.

4) I personally don't use a task killer on my Eris. For the other part of your question, some programs run as services in the background and update information or allow certain functionality. I wouldn't worry about it. These only use system resources when they are actually doing something. A lot of the time, they just run idle, waiting to be used.