• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DROID X Questions from a beginner plz help!

Dains11

Lurker
Jul 19, 2010
Hi all,

I have a few quick questions for my droid x that I thought you guys might be able to easily help me out with.

1. For the gmail app, can someone explain what it means to me to sync every 4 days as compared to 1? Also to "Sync all"
- the reason I ask this is because I had 7 new emails in my gmail account, which my gmail app on the droid TOLD me, but I couldn't see them until I changed that setting. Does it use more battery?

2. Is there a way to delete the bullshit apps that have come preloaded with the droid x? I don't want that motoblur crap, I don't want the friend finder or w.e it is either.

3. I do NOT want all 2,000 of my facebook friends on my contact list. I do know that I can change the group to be just phone contacts, but still, is there anyway I can reverse this and have them taken away?

4. Whats the best way for saving battery? I do have the appkiller, but I found that manually stopping certain programs by going into settings helped me more. I'm a little confused because appkiller will kill some functions, and then 5 minutes later (the friend finder one) it will be back running again.

For anyone that takes the time to read this, thanks very much. I appreciate it.

Best,
Dain

2) The only way is with root which allows you change and remove things from the phone that the manufacturer never intended. Look for rooting information in the Droid X section. Beware! You can seriously affect (and destroy) the functionality of the phone if you remove some things!

3) In Sense, I know you can uncheck the option to see Facebook contacts in Contacts. I don't know how in Motoblur.

4) I personally don't use a task killer on my Eris. For the other part of your question, some programs run as services in the background and update information or allow certain functionality. I wouldn't worry about it. These only use system resources when they are actually doing something. A lot of the time, they just run idle, waiting to be used.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones