Droid X - quirky?

Last Updated:

1. klawria

klawria Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 24, 2010
    OK, so I have had my X for about 2 weeks now and I hope it is not just me, but does anyone else find that it acts a little quirky?

I'm hoping that other owners are seeing the same thing, let me tell you what I have noticed:

1) Facebook widget barely works...even though I update, I have had only 1 update actually make it to my profile. None of my "comments and likes" that I do from the phone ever make it to the site

2)It imported ALL of my Facebook contacts into my contact list...and for "me" contact, it synced it with my Dad's FB profile (same name but says it is "me" and cannot find a way to correct it)

3) Sound (the actual sound for the phone, all media, rings, etc..) just goes off. The only way I can reset is a reboot

4) I take a picture or video and the option for me to post to FB or any other site is available for 1-2 seconds and then I cannot get it back

5) Connecting phone to computer "sometimes" allows me to sync with VCAST (horrible app) or browse the phone directory. No consistency.

I love the phone, I just wish I could lock down all of the intermittent issues....Most likely it is something I am doing/not doing.

Anyone else seeing quirky stuff like this? Any fixes?

2. trebb

trebb Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I don't know about your other issues, but when you plug the phone into your computer, drop down the notification bar, click the "select files to copy" blah blah, then when the menu pops open pick "usb mass storage mode." I have never ever had VCAST open up when I plug my phone into my computer.
  3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Yes it has a few quirks but overall its a great device. I am sure motorola will be releasing a patch for these issues just like they did in the first week. From what I can tell Motorola is faster with updates than HTC is so I feel lucky to have the X.