Droid X randomly short vibratesSupport

1. Xubera

Xubera New Member

Last night, my droid X started to randomly vibrate. Not like a normal vibrate when you get a phone call or a notification. That would be like a Gzzzzzzzzzzzt this is more like a Gzzt.

Every time it does it, 2-3 seconds later it does another one. Then after the 2nd one it happens again randomly. Maybe after 20 seconds, 2 minutes, or whenever, I never know when to expect the next set of vibrates. My battery levels are fine, and its never vibrated even when i was squeezing the last drop of energy out of my battery, so I dont think its the battery.

I'm running stock 2.2.1 and this is just driving me up a wall

edit::
    i've also tried rebooting my phone as well, that didnt help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

I recommend an exorcism.

[​IMG]
  3. Xubera

Xubera New Member

my phone just threw up on it self... damn exorcisms are always nasty
  4. binary visions

Do you have any apps like Handcent or Lightflow of other notification apps that could be notifying you? You could try uninstalling such apps until you figure out if they were causing it.
  5. Xubera

Xubera New Member

no, the only app that actually changes something is GoSMS. But ive had that for forever, and I have no new messages or anything. and i didnt recieve any messages when the vibrations started. It just went off on its own. I work the overnight shift, so i was just sitting there reading a book off my kindle and it started vibrating.
  6. binary visions

Well, I mean, I realize it's not notifying you of something real, what I meant was some of these apps have the function where if you don't acknowledge their notification, they'll keep buzzing at intervals. So if there's something "stuck" in the app, it may be trying to notify you even if there's nothing for you to see. Have you tried uninstalling GoSMS temporarily to see if it stops?
  7. Xubera

Xubera New Member

I ended up just taking it to Verizon, they just reflashed my phone back to stock after backing up my contacts and what not. I went and downloaded all my apps again, including GoSMS and I dont have the vibrate issue anymore. And if it was something stuck in a program, wouldnt a reboot cure that :/ Thanks for the replies :)
  8. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

well, shoot. i was going to ask if any apps had updated lately...