Droid X Read/Write speeds for sdcard?Support

Last Updated:

1. cbaty08

cbaty08 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a faster (class 6) sdcard that I was thinking about using in the X...

Will the system be able to take advantage of those read/write speeds? I would think so but if not I might as will stick with this class 2 they gave us....

Advertisement
  2. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

One easy way to determine specifically if you can benefit from a faster SD card would be to install

SD Card Speed Tester - Android app on AppBrain

from the Android market. You could then test both SD cards and compare the performance of each.

4. cbaty08

cbaty08 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a lot, I am no longer using the slow class 2 16GB card they give us and am using an older 8GB Trandscend card that is labeled a class 6 (which rated class 10 in the app!!!!)

I notice when viewing files on the phone in the stock "files app" it definitely opens faster....

I am almost curious to record two videos on both cards and see if there is any notable difference......

5. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

If it's a possibility, would you do some read/write tests from the PC to the phone on both cards to compare? I'm really interested to see if the different class of card helps the full PC -> phone transfer rates, or if there is too much overhead in the phone to make a difference.

5 Apps to Check the Speed of Your USB Flash Drive (Windows)