• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Read/Write speeds for sdcard?

I have a faster (class 6) sdcard that I was thinking about using in the X...

Will the system be able to take advantage of those read/write speeds? I would think so but if not I might as will stick with this class 2 they gave us....

One easy way to determine specifically if you can benefit from a faster SD card would be to install

SD Card Speed Tester - Android app on AppBrain

from the Android market. You could then test both SD cards and compare the performance of each.

Upvote 0
One easy way to determine specifically if you can benefit from a faster SD card would be to install

SD Card Speed Tester - Android app on AppBrain

from the Android market. You could then test both SD cards and compare the performance of each.

Thanks a lot, I am no longer using the slow class 2 16GB card they give us and am using an older 8GB Trandscend card that is labeled a class 6 (which rated class 10 in the app!!!!)

I notice when viewing files on the phone in the stock "files app" it definitely opens faster....

I am almost curious to record two videos on both cards and see if there is any notable difference......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones