• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X Review TechnoBuffalo

T.B. gave a decent review overall...

If you check out Technobuffalo.com,
you will also see Round 1 & 2 videos of the DX vs Evo.
I have to disagree on their pick as who the winner was in the Camera category found in Round 2...
He picked the Evo as the winner almost solely on the Evo having a front facing camera.
The DX easily has a superior Camera interface/features.
Only when we see front facing cameras as a standard feature on smartphones & a majority of people are using them, will it ever be a deciding factor for me.
But to each his/her own.

Anyway, In regards to their video review of the DX...
Glad he showed the dialer in his original review of the DX, as well as the speakerphone.
It sounded fantastic! I'm sure it will even sound better IN person ;)

Can't wait for the 15th! :D:D

Upvote 0
95% of these reviews state that the phone is a marvel. They also ALL state, that when froyo is released on the X....that it will be the defacto standard as far as smartphones go.

Congrats future X owners. this is THE phone to get this summer.

the itouch4 is still good for itunes though for those of you with thousands of dollars spent on that service.

Upvote 0
Wow. The review states the X has weaker reception than other VZW phones. I thought that was a X strong point?
I thought he said that too, but then he goes on to say he has more bars on his X then his other phone, so I assumed I heard wrong.

Also, making conclusions on signal strength by looking at the number of bars is ridiculous. Just look at the whole iphone4 thing as an example of that.

Upvote 0
Also, making conclusions on signal strength by looking at the number of bars is ridiculous. Just look at the whole iphone4 thing as an example of that.

Exactly. There's no universal algorithm for calculating signal bars. One phone could show 5 bars when it has lousy reception while another could display 1 bar with perfect reception. It all depends how the manufacturer coded the device.

Upvote 0
Motorola Droid X (Verizon Wireless) - Full Review - Reviews by PC Magazine

Motorola has always made phone call quality a priority, and they try a new trick on the Droid X: three microphones, two used for noise cancellation. The trick works: I didn't get any background noise on the other end of calls made with the X, even when I made the calls standing next to a roaring city bus. RF reception was also spectacular. Thanks to the huge antennas, the Droid X was able to eke out a call where the Incredible failed.

Motorola DROID X review Boy Genius Report

These things are still phones right? It’s funny to see a manufacturer press release that contains phrases like “ultra high-speed Web browsing” and “intuitive social messaging” but never any mention of the devices ability to function as a phone. Even though it isn’t stated, the DROID X is a really, really solid phone. The reception on the phone is great; the bars and signal strength – in dB — matched that of a BlackBerry Bold 9650 we had lying around. The DROID Incredible doesn’t seem to get as strong of a cellular signal as some of our other Verizon Wireless devices, so we were pleased to see this was not the case with the DX.

For every review that mentions a negative about the X, one will always mention a positive.....

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones