Droid X Ringtone keeps changing...Support

Last Updated:

1. mashardy

mashardy Member This Topic's Starter

I use different ringtones for as many as 12 contacts so that I know who's calling me! Once in a while when the last person that has a dedicated ringtone calls me the default phone ringer set itself to that person's ringtone.

I turned off my phone took the battery off and the rebooted, the problem goes away for a awhile and before you know it happens again!!!

Any solutions? It's really bothersome when you think a particular person is calling you, (because of a ringtone) you answer and it someone else...:eek:

Any suggestion is appreciated:)

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

To be honest I think I've had this problem with nearly every smartphone I've ever owned (about a dozen now). It's just one of those things that I learned to ignore...

mashardy likes this.
  3. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Well-Known Member

Are you using one of those ring tone downloader apps? My gf had tons of problems caused by those.

mashardy likes this.
  4. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I use RingDroid to set a couple of contact specific ringtones. I've noticed that if I turn my X off, then back on, my overall ringtone will remain, but the "special" ones I've assigned to certain contacts defaults to some goofy ring. I don't even know if it's a default ring or what, but either way, it's annoying and lame. I believe Moto has identified this as an issued on the list of fixes coming in an update, but there's no timeframe set for it.

mashardy likes this.
  5. mashardy

mashardy Member This Topic's Starter

Yes I'm using "Zedge" I got it from the Android Market, and it has 4.5 stars. So since it was highly rated by other people I downloaded the app. There is a great selection of ringtones, and they all sound great. However the ringtone being mixed up really sucks!

Don't know if it's a Moto or an Android issue! Hope a fix is on its way.

:)