• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid X sbf File Released....Now you can unbrick

I am not sure what the patch is. But when I open rsd lite 4.7 and I plug in my X it recognizes it. Like I said I haven't flased the sbf yet so I couldn't tell you if it works to that point

Well I was thinking about easy root which I think will auto un-root as well?

Anyway thinking was the key word becuase I wanted to wait for the 2.2 release but now that its going to be pushed back to early/mid September I'm leaning towards rooting this puppy now.

Upvote 0
Well I was thinking about easy root which I think will auto un-root as well?

Anyway thinking was the key word becuase I wanted to wait for the 2.2 release but now that its going to be pushed back to early/mid September I'm leaning towards rooting this puppy now.

Are you using easy root because you can't get adb to work. Because if it is working I would suggest doing it the cmd way and not taking the easy way out. If you need help, I can help

Upvote 0
Are you using easy root because you can't get adb to work. Because if it is working I would suggest doing it the cmd way and not taking the easy way out. If you need help, I can help

Well I have used ADB and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
I have been successful about 80% of the time with my Droid, but recently I have not been with my Gentouch.

So I thought easier is better... NO?
What are the negatives to using easy root?
And can you un-root so that V cant detect if you manually root a DX?
I thought they did not have a method yet to un-root.

Also want to update when 2.2 is pushed out.

Thanks

Upvote 0
With patch or without?
I guess my question is what is this patch for or do?
If I have a 4.7 working on my PC is it needed?

Thanks

WITH!

Just replace the pst_whatever_the_name_is.ini (i can't remember :p) with the one in the .zip file.

I literally spent HOURS last night running RSD Lite trying to get it to work. Then I noticed that the patch file was newer than the original and thought "gee, maybe that is an updated file that I should replace the other one with" and viola! It worked the first time!

So yes, when RSD Lite installs itself just pull the .ini file from the .zip and move it into C:\Program Files\Motorola\RSD Lite. When it asks if you want to replace the existing file click "yes".

Sounds like common sense, right? Yea, well, maybe I'm an idiot.....

Upvote 0
Well I have used ADB and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
I have been successful about 80% of the time with my Droid, but recently I have not been with my Gentouch.

So I thought easier is better... NO?
What are the negatives to using easy root?
And can you un-root so that V cant detect if you manually root a DX?
I thought they did not have a method yet to un-root.

Also want to update when 2.2 is pushed out.

Thanks

It is easier but I think it is better for you just to do it the long way. At least that is how I learned. If you root the adb way you can still just install easy root and unroot it that way

Upvote 0
It is easier but I think it is better for you just to do it the long way. At least that is how I learned. If you root the adb way you can still just install easy root and unroot it that way

OK so I have my DX in hand, do you want to walk me through this?
When doing a DX do you need to push all the stuff like SuperUser, BusyBox, (am I missing something)?

Been along long time and I thin k I used the easy version with my Droid1.

So you game to discuss now and do?
OH is there a issue with the market I think I read something about that somewhere???

Upvote 0
OK so I have my DX in hand, do you want to walk me through this?
When doing a DX do you need to push all the stuff like SuperUser, BusyBox, (am I missing something)?

Been along long time and I thin k I used the easy version with my Droid1.

So you game to discuss now and do?
OH is there a issue with the market I think I read something about that somewhere???

Yes now I am:D
And yeah you are going to have to push all those files
First, you have adb setup right

Upvote 0
Set it up right?
Don't I just plug the DX to my PC (win7) and go to start run type in ADB shell?

yes, plug it in and put in pc mode and turn debugging on
then open cmd and run adb devices if a serial number shows up you are good
then download this this
And put all the files in the same place your adb.exe is located
I think the rest of this conversation should be carried on in how to root droid x

Upvote 0
then download this this
I think the rest of this conversation should be carried on in how to root droid x

Thats new it brought up 2 screens, a MTP interface window and a picture of the device.

Upvote 0
then download this this

Searched for the thread: how to root droid x, didn't come up is it under a different title?

Upvote 0
OK, so I really messed up my phone while trying to install the 928BlackGlass theme. I've downloaded and installed RSD, the correct driver and the SBF. First I hold power and home, then when I'm on the first screen I hit search to go into bootloader. Next I start up RSDLite and find the unzipped SBF, then I plug in my phone, but nothing happens, the only thing that shows up is under file properties. I hit start and nothing happens, I hit show devices, nothing happens. Can somebody please help me? I really need to get this fixed tonight.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones