Droid X Screen HUESupport

Last Updated:

1. neggie

neggie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey all which one has a better color to the screen the new droid X to the left. (got yesterday in mail from verizon)
    o
    or the one on the right which ive had since launch

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

Id say the original one has the more consistent overall coloration.

neggie likes this.
  3. neggie

thats why i love this community everyone has great opinions ext. thanks Greavous. So the orginal one to the left hu.... well ill be making my descision tonight so yeah thanks for your imput

4. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Why did you get a replacement phone in the first place? Something must be wrong with the launch phone, right?

5. neggie

no i was being anal and though my buttons where loose but then again if found out after the fact that is norm for most people have them tight others wiggle lots, others wiggle little.. so that is what warranty is for so if they DO break call for warranty right. it shipped before i checked the fourms and now was just wondering on the screen as that is what i noticed

6. Zog Bog

Zog Bog Active Member

I have a similar decision as well.
    However it's complicated by the fact that the release day phone has one dead pixel, less then stellar battery life (both of which were fine before update), and a touch screen that seems to register random double taps on Google maps. The last problem has me really worried it could be a symptom of a bad screen.

The new phone has the same inferior contrast as the one you have and has so far crashed twice. On the positive side the battery seems better, the screen is a little brighter,there's no dead pixel, the quad score was 10pts higher, and a few people swear the call quality sounds better.

So now I'm left with the option(s) of:
    Holding on to my old phone, switching the battery, hoping a patch will clear up the pixel issue, and praying the touch-screen problem goes away or stays relegated to Google maps.

Staying with the new phone, hoping the crashes were isolated instances, and dealing with a screen contrast that's a slightly lacking.

Or returning the new one for another new replacement and seeing if it is the best of both worlds...

Opinions?

7. neggie

/\/\ the screen contrast in the pic above which would you perfer the left or right>?

i would say keep the new phone and the battery thats better. the google maps issue you are having would have me worried as well.

8. Zog Bog

Zog Bog Active Member

^ I prefer the contrast of the screen on the right.
    Because of that I've decided to send back the new replacement in hopes of getting another one without the problems and the preferable hue.
    The Verizon rep told me that the 2nd replacement will probably be from a different batch considering the ship by date is Aug 24th.

If my old phone didn't have that screen issue, I'd just hold onto it and see if the 2.2 update clears up the other problems.

Another thing I noticed before boxing up the replacement for shipment is that the call quality was better, at least according to people on the other end.

9. neggie

sweet im sending the new one which is the one on the left back. I was at the Dew Tour BMX 6.0 in chicago and i won the one on the right from the verizon camp that was there. On the box says 6/26/10 so its one of the launch ones so far so good. Thanks to all who responded and good luck Zog Bog

10. Doctorsti

Doctorsti Active Member

just got off the phone with Verizon and they are sending me a new one to replace my newest (3rd) X due to screen hue issues. My newest phone had it all EXCEPT it looked ridiculously blue compared to the previous two phones I had.

11. JazzMat

JazzMat Well-Known Member

Was being anal?

Did you mean to post this thread on April 1st?