• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X screen hugh and brightness different

Doctorsti

Jul 25, 2010
I have two X's now in front of me. My old one is in airplane mode so it's not confusing Verizon but the replacement phone looks way more dim on "auto" and when you push them to full brightness the replacement phone is slightly dimmer and definitely more blue in color. There is a blue hugh to the replacement phone. Anyone else have the chance to compare two phones like this side to side?

I just can't catch a break.

Here's a link that might help. For the record, mine looks more like the one on the left as did the ones I saw in the verizon stores. A CSR told me that the different screen hues was a known software issue. However, while the difference look pretty obvious side-by-side, I think it's pretty hard to tell when you're looking at the phones individually. For example, when I saw the store phone screen, I couldn't tell if the hue on it was different than mine (it wasn't) until I put it next to my droid x.

If it really bothers you that much than you can switch it for a new one. They were willing to do that for me. I chose not to since it doesn't bother me that much. Movies still look great on it. Besides, there was no guarantee that the replacement would be any different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones