Droid X screen is very washed outSupport

Last Updated:

1. icyfire

icyfire Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

Well I managed to get my hands on an X from my local VZW store this morning. First impression of the screen is that it is very washed out when compared to my old Droid. Side by side, the original Droid shows colors very vividly while the Droid X almost looks like it just made it past black and white. Just wanted to get some opinions on the screen from others. I also managed to play with a Samsung Vibrant at a T-mobile store and it was very beautiful, almost makes me want to return the X and wait for the fascinate to come out on VZW.

Advertisement
  2. Drayton

Drayton Active Member

I feel the same way, but I love the phone minus that. The screen protector I have on makes it even worse.

3. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

That's weird, mine looks great.

4. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

While its noticeable from the incredible it will take some getting used to but the screen is awesome, the colors looks good to me. The only problem is the jagged text in the browser.

5. lesscryptic2

lesscryptic2 Well-Known Member

yeah i mean it doesnt look like the incredible (especially because vzw sold me a damn anti-glare screen protector that i really hate) but it definitely doesnt look worse than droids ive seen

6. crupp

crupp Well-Known Member

I had my DINC and the X side by side and it wasn't even close. The DINC had a much nicer display, deeper, more vibrant. It almost looked the X had a film over the display...before ou ask no it did not :)

7. icyfire

my X is noticebly worse than the original Droid (i'm holding them both side by side). I'm not even comparing it to the incredible.

8. shadowangel

shadowangel Well-Known Member

Maybe something is wrong with it? I've not heard any complaints about the screen from reviewers or those that got it early. I've heard constant comments about it being beautiful. The one I had the chance to use in a store had a very nice display.

9. Gerbacio_PR

Gerbacio_PR Well-Known Member

wow this saddens me ....i have a Evo and sprint is on the 30 day trial, was thinking if that didnt work maybe the Droid X would be the other option!! i really dont wanna go bac kto the Iphone

10. crupp

crupp Well-Known Member

I think if you're not comparing it side by side to another device that is very true. I think the EVO suffers from the same appearance, maybe this is the way of 4.3 screens?

11. chenry888

chenry888 Well-Known Member

turn the brightness up?

12. socal2ks

socal2ks Well-Known Member

For me the X wins over the DINC for visibility outside. I farm, so I spend alot of time outdoors.

13. lesscryptic2

lesscryptic2 Well-Known Member

yeah i mean my screen looks pretty great on full brightness

14. caeb

caeb Active Member

Ohhhh my it's the end of the world!!!!! Screen looks amazing.

Don't worry about the screen.

Some people just complain.

15. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Well this is not good news. I was hoping it would be as good, if not better then my EVO. I have a 3pm appt at best buy, I may swing by VZW to play with a working unit before I grab at best buy, just to make sure. Either way 30 days will be plenty to play and get a feel for whether or not its a keeper.

16. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Yes the screen is much easier to see outside even with the sun directly on it. There is always something people find wrong with it. The screen isn't one of them.

Ill take the X over the Inc.

17. icyfire

I'm not discouraging anyone from checking out the X. Please, go to your local VZW and play with one, you might have a different opinion about the screen than I do. I was simply making an observation compared the Droid i have been using for the past 2 months. If you're not comparing the X to another phone, it might seem fine, but put it side by side with the old Droid and see which screen you prefer.

P.S. I am not comparing the screen to the Incredible. I'm comparing it to the old Droid.

18. Gerbacio_PR

Gerbacio_PR Well-Known Member

dont sweat it bro people are fanatical about stuff, you cant have a opinion but theirs!!!

it can vary from person to person or phone to phone, some people fail to understand that

what if the phone screen sucks???? well if it does it does!!! bottom line.Im still gonan drop by verizon today to try it out

19. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i got mine about two hours ago. I don't really have a problem with the screen but however i do dislike the screen protectors that VZW sold me. I will def prob look for some diff ones soon.

20. Gpcatch06

Gpcatch06 Member

Just stopped in at the verizon store and played with the x to compare to my incredible. Overall, the screen was significantly less vibrant and the phone was too big. The UI was also nowhere near as smooth as sense. Websites also loaded slightly faster on my incredible head to head to head with the verizon tech.

21. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

too big for you may be. I have huge hands and it is not that bad to me.

22. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

For those that are coming from Incredibles or can immediately compare the two devices to one another side by side, must understand that the Incredible (at least current units) have a AMOLED screen which displays darks properly and gives colors vibrancy. Obviously the X's screen isn't a slouch, but its LCD screen will definitely look washed out compared to the Incredible.

Fortunately, the X's screen should be superior to that of the Incredible's in direct sunlight.

23. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Really? All the videos I saw had it just as smooth as sense. Hmmm, I may wait it out for a software update, or even sit tight until Froyo is available on it.

24. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

Let's see some pics of them side by side.

25. bumpylemon

bumpylemon Well-Known Member

mine looks fine!