Droid X screen not registering touches intermittently?Support

Last Updated:

1. Jonson9688

Jonson9688 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey first post here guys, I got my Droid X on launch day from Best Buy, and like most people here, I am very happy with my phone.

However, I've been having a problem and I don't know if anyone else has been having it. Sometimes when I'm typing on Swype, or just using the phone in general, my finger won't register on the screen. For example if I'm typing a word, the line in Swype will get disconnected, and thus I will not have the right word. Also on my homescreen, when this happens I would not be able to switch between homescreens. If i lock my phone and unlock it again, usually this seems to fix the problem.

Anyone else having this issue? It has been bothering me recently, as it's been happening more and more often. I'd say at least once every 10 times I use my phone.

Advertisement
  2. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but my phone exhibited the exact same symptoms. Fortunately, this happened on launch day at the Verizon store and the declared it DOA.

3. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Mine will do something similar when it's plugged in to the wall but not a computer. Once I unplug it, it stops doing that. I freaked out at first until I realized once unplugged it was fine.

4. grn4frk

grn4frk Active Member

Mine does this too! I'm calling VZW now to see if they can get me a replacement before i get a crappy replacementphone.

5. xander66

xander66 Well-Known Member

It will happen to me occasionally, but it always seems to be when my fingers are dirty or sweaty. I'm guessing its a user error for me at least.

6. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

Do you have a screen protector on the phone?

7. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I have had the same issue but only when my signal is bad. Overall the X works great for me.

8. fdnj48

fdnj48 Well-Known Member

Mine does this all the time actually.

9. rmcf

rmcf Well-Known Member

This has happened to me today. I didn't think much of it at the time. But now i'm worried...