Droid X SE Coming Soon?

Last Updated:

1. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

Comments below that article dispute the accuracy of that post.

3. igotgame

igotgame Well-Known Member

Yea I saw that too:

"Your 'insider' is full of crap. This was already posted on an Android blog. It was taken down by request. The device was canceled anyway."

That looks kind of fugly. All black or bust.

4. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

Yep, I prefer black but if its not black its should at least be a solid color. It's such a sleek phone why ruin it with multi colors?

[Dream ] I say leave the X be until the X2 is released with a 1.5 ghz dual core processor and at least a 4.3"(if not 4.5" or 4.8") screen [/Dream ]

5. zane!

zane! Well-Known Member

Honestly, anything faster will just eat the battery faster unless new hardware (even more efficient processor/larger battery) or software (highly efficient kernel) is implemented.

And the silver looks pretty lame. I do not miss the days of silver cell phones at all.

6. fadeout

fadeout Well-Known Member

silver sucks... it looks nice for a month or so and then it always goes to shit. On every silver phone I've had it's worn off. I'll stick with black.

7. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

The silver bezel looks too iPhone-ish. And I don't want a screen any bigger than the 4.3", that one is already pushing the limits of portability. I might even consider moving down to a 4" screen, but 4.3" is OK.

8. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Im not sure if its going to be the droid pro or the droid 2 world edition that is going to have the 1.2. One looks like a blackberry(droid pro) and the other is just a silver d2 with a sim card

9. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

For me the DX is one of the most portable smart phones due to how thin it is. I have to have a case due to how much I use to drop my phones (haven't dropped the DX in the first 7 weeks woohoo) and it is as thin woth a hard case as most smart phones without a case. It fits in my pocket so much better than any of the blackberries and other android phones I looked into.

10. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Coming out with a DX SE now when it's EOL is March of next year seems a bit silly.

11. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

The ONLY silver phone I ever owned and liked oddly was another moto device, the first of the all digital GPRS (whatever they called it back then) moto V603's Still had a metal casing and covers. Great phone

I also miss flip phones but alas I think those days are gone now, unless we can get folding AMOLED screens that are daylight visible?

Anyway, I agree useless here. But now marketed over in Europe, maybe.

12. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it isn't portable or pocketable, but if it was any bigger, I don't think it would be. I do need a different case for mine, though. I got the Body Glove one when I ordered it, and while it's nice, it's kind of thick (they filled in a lot of the space in the thinnest part of the phone to match the hump and make it smoother, I guess), and a little too tacky. If I put it in my jeans front pocket, it pretty much turns the pocket inside out when I pull it out because it's such a sticky rubber coating. Excellent protection, though. But I'm looking for somethig a little thinner, like maybe one of the Seidio cases, I really like the one my friend has on his DInc.