Droid X Security Lock not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Fabyloso

Fabyloso Member This Topic's Starter

All of a sudden my security lock feature stopped working. I've rebooted several times and the lock screen pops up initally after reboot, but then I do not see it again. I can lock the screen and it goes black, but if I hit lock/home key again it goes straight to home screen.

I am not a Droid noob, I need help!

Advertisement
  2. jfint

jfint Well-Known Member

the default setting was to turn on after 20 minutes. You can set the security lock time to be whenever it goes to sleep.

3. Fabyloso

I don't think this is the problem, but changed it anyway. I changed it to "When display is off". Still, will not bring up the lock screen. It was working fine for 4 days all the way up until this morning. I didn't install any new apps or change any settings. Just went to unlock it and noticed it went straight to home screen. WTF! haha!

4. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member

Try setting the passcode or security pattern again. It may have been wiped out for some reason. If there isn't a passcode or pattern set, it's just going to go back to the homescreen when you unlock regardless of what setting you use.

5. Fabyloso

I found the problem. Somehow Lockbot was interferring with the default screen lock. I had lockbot installed in my incredible and moved into the X but havent opened it since. I don't know why it chose this morning to start interferring but it did. I uninstalled lockbot and wah-lah, it works instantly. Weird.

Thanks guys, sorry for being a nab.

6. deano 177

deano 177 New Member

my simple swipe is gone and only comes back if I pull the battery. once it powers back on I have to touch the phone icon and then the main power/lock button. all is fine for a while but then it comes back. Ive been trying to figure out the "symptoms" that cause this to happen but I havent been able to narrow down what steps exactly lead to this going on. I will say that it started when I updated to gingerbread. I did the factory reset and that didnt help. I didnt like gingerbread so I figured out how to revert back to froyo ala sbr and did that but the problem still remains.

Deano
    Droid X