Droid X sending random texts to people... help!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Motorola

Motorola Active Member This Topic's Starter

This is getting very annoying!

For example last night I went swimming. After my swim I got out and texted my friend "Hey man i'm done swimming, whats up"? Today I check my phone and I see that the same message got sent again randomly. I did not send the text again but somehow my phone re-sent that text, and literally ERASED the original message that I sent myself.

Same thing happened the other night - I sent a text apologizing to a friend that I couldn't hang out with her. The next day the text got re-sent to her somehow, and she responded with "what are you talking about...?". I was like "Idk wtf happened my phone is randomly re-sending texts to people".

What's going on? I don't think this ever happened before the latest software update.

Advertisement
  2. FoxtrotUniform

FoxtrotUniform Well-Known Member

I heard from the little bird this is related to a Handcent/ChompSMS bug. Use one of those?

3. Motorola

Nope... and i've seen the other threads where others had that problem due to this, and it was only when they rebooted their phone. This happens regardless of a reboot and I don't use any of those.

4. ObiDon

ObiDon Well-Known Member

So you are using the native text messaging app then? I'm tracking issues and your answer will be very helpful... Thanks in advance.

Don

5. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Have google voice installed?

6. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

this was a VERY common problem on the original droid. it would even add little smilies in with all the gibberish.

according to motorola, the fix is to do a hard reset (on the moto droid, anyway).

7. Motorola

Yeah, I'm using the default text messaging application.

Nope...
    Hmm, I might try this as a future solution, but thanks for the suggestion!

8. Quintessence

Quintessence Well-Known Member

I had this issue with the Incredible. What would happen is you would send the message, but the phone would act as if it had not been sent. So you would see the message with the spinning ball next to it, and it would just randomly send.

Hard resets never worked, deleting the text seemed to work fine.

9. berlee0301

berlee0301 Member

If you have this problem, wipe the phone. This is a very common problem, usually associated with Motorolas. When 2.2 was rolled out we started seeing a lot of this. Basically, the short version is that when the 2.2 went on there was a glitch. That's obviously oversimplified, but that's it. Doing a security wipe has fixed this problem every time I've dealt with it.

10. meckert15834

meckert15834 Well-Known Member

not to jack the thread, but my when i get a text and click on the person it will bring up a text from someone else. no idea why its doing it.