Droid X should I call for a replacement?Support

Last Updated:

1. NeXeD

NeXeD Member This Topic's Starter

I am having issues with my Droid X..I want to see if this is normal or not...When I scroll through my apps it lags a lot..when I scroll through the home screens it lags..my battery life im getting about 7 hours-8 hours with mediumish use...do I have a dud?

Advertisement
  2. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

Do you have a Live wallpaper because those slow down the phone in the app menu and changing screens. Launcher pro removes this issue though.

3. tdse

tdse Well-Known Member

I would call Customer Service. Those don't sound like normal issues. Battery life really depends on your usage, and what you are running, but it typically improves after several charges.

The good thing is, if they agree to send you a replacement, you can keep the X you have now until you get the new one.

4. NeXeD

No I do not run live wallpapers..I ran launcherpro but I didnt see any benefit from it? How do you get the app screen to scroll like a slot machine? i didnt see any way or anywhere to customize Launcher like people say..

5. droidxterp

droidxterp Member

I believe its more of an android issue.Every android phone ive seen does this. the droid x is the fastest---2.2 should solve all these issues however

6. NeXeD

I dunno the Incredible is pretty smooth and never heard of much lag in any of the forms listed above.

7. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

While running Launcher Pro, from the home screen click Menu - Preferences - Advanced Settings. Check the "Use 3D Drawer" option

NeXeD likes this.
  8. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

I've had this problem as well, notably when I'm texting. The keys won't come up unless I hold it down long enough and often times will bring the wrong key.

Anyhow it's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I'm running stock with no apps installed. (no live wallpapers running)

Here is a thread from another forum on this as well -

Touchscreen Sensitivity - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Also posted a thread here -

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-droid-x/129063-touchscreen-unresponsive.html