• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Signal problems?

gadgetmonster

Android Enthusiast
Jul 6, 2010
Hi folks, i'm noticing some weird signal issues, i'm not sure if its just normal network issues as i'm new to verizon from at&t as of yesterday. My X seems to be switching to 1x, back to 3g, and then sometimes loosing network completely and only a reboot will be able to get signal back again(it has only done that 2x). I brought it into Verizon just now and they said it might be normal due to all the activations yesterday. They said if it continues, to bring it in, and they will do a master reset(of course I loose all data/apps) so i said i'd hang onto it for another day or two before I brought it back if that continues.

Any of y'all having the same issue, is this truly normal, potential bad phone?

Love the phone so far, 100x better than my iphone.

thanks

gadgetmonster

Could be a bum phone. If you want to wait, you can see if it improves. But you have the right to return it as a defective device if you want.

Just an fyi, the phone will switch to 1x when it sends/receives a SMS. Most times you may not notice the display change, but sometimes if the phone is busy doing other stuff it may show it.

Upvote 0
Mine does the same thing. It will completely loose signal then return to 3G then go back to 1x. It's annoying. I may have to return it and go back to AT&T cause I have to have an operational phone for work.

Again, could be a defective device. You can return it for a new one and see if that resolves your problem.

It could also be you're in a marginal coverage area.

Upvote 0
haha, no, that can't be it. I sat mine next to another one, and it had full 3G bars, and mine was on 1x. Same area, the verizon guy said it could also be that the other had aquired to d/l data or for some other reason while mine had not. I tried to take a picture of it but by the time i would take the picture, 3G would be back, then gone again, then back.

I think if it continues, i'll bring it to the verizon store after work and make them swap it out if they have any others. 2yrs

Upvote 0
Ok, When you drop down from 3g, is your Wifi on? I can duplicate your problem when its on. But once I turn wifi off it goes to 3g. Reading up on it, there seems to be an issue with the wifi. Look up wififixer on the market. I can confirm that it does work. Should be a work around till motorola resolves the issue.
Also the dropping down when the screen is off. If im not mistaken, thats part of the smart battery (it does it to conserve).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones