Droid x slower with froyo? Disappointed?

Last Updated:

1. soapinmouth

soapinmouth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I think rooting it after will be faster.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  4. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that froyo would actually make it slower. Something can't be right.

5. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member

Wait until you get 2.2 on your own X before you get your panties in a wad. No sense in making a judgement off screenshots we don't even know the credibility of.

Devz, ndfan4u, JubbaTheHutt and 4 others like this.
  6. NickDroid86

NickDroid86 Well-Known Member

That's false the whole point of inventing froyo was to be 4x faster, member? I member.

7. xdroid

xdroid Well-Known Member

'Tis a little bit scary to think of, but then again a few screenshots of a pre-release update isn't definitive enough. I jumped on the DX bandwagon and got up early on release day to get my order in. I might just wait before jumping on the 2.2 bandwagon and see what the results are from others first.

8. just4747

just4747 Well-Known Member

Don't you also HAVE to kill all processes right before testing or else the results will be way lower?

9. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt that Motorola will release an OS update that is slower if the OS's biggest claim to fame is speed. I am not the least bit worried.

10. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

No, you don't.

11. soapinmouth

soapinmouth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well someone bought it, the pictures are from an ebay item so I think he'd get in a bit of trouble for selling a photoshopped item. As far as it being a test build its got to be pretty much final if it releases next week. Idk it doesn't make sense but still bothers me.

12. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I check my X without killing anything and constantly get between 1270 and 1310 for a quadrant score.

13. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

I really doubt they'd release a slower OS just for the sake of releasing something.

14. acoastal

acoastal Well-Known Member

15. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

I'm a little surprised that it is slower, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same speed. It has always been a thought of mine that the X got such good scores because it already had some of the 2.2 code in it. We know that it has the 2.2 help widget and the wi-fi hotspot. Why not the code that gives it a performance boost?

16. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

How will having ROOT make 2.2 faster? You need kernels to OC....basically get around that eFuse thing ya'll have. I understand rooting can take away the bloat ware, which MIGHT make it run a BIT faster...but still.

edit: OR do you mean that you will be able to obtain root easier on 2.2???

Sorry, can't decide on how to read your post...

17. CriticalMass

CriticalMass Well-Known Member

Probably just needs a battery pull. After rooting i believe a lot of our phones were slow until we did a battery pull and then it was back to normal.

Rumor is that the 2.2 update for the X has started rolling out as of today though. Dunno how true it is.

18. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

There is no "eFuse thing"...well, not one that makes any bit of difference. Encrypted bootloader? That's a different story.

19. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Those that ran Froyo on their rooted Droid's:

The first leak posted the highest scores on Quadrant. But that leak was the most unstable.

Remember each leak after that the Quadrant score was lower, or one leak it was high, one it was low? I havent ran any recent Froyo builds on my Droid since getting the X to see where it it now....keep meaning to...lol

The Quadrant score being lower was replaced with more stability tho. Certain apps didnt work on the first Froyo leak. They worked on the later leaks. And a wild thing....the phone was smoother on the 2nd leak, but the Quadrant score was lower than the first leak. Maybe the added stability helped.

I think the final version of Froyo will be a good mix of smoother, faster and stability.

And something else....Froyo, if its like it is for the Droid....u cant just install it and run Quadrant 10 minutes later. It needed at least 1/2 an hour to settle down after first boot after first install. It does dome things in the background on first install.

I hope some recent Droid owners that ran custom ROMs can chime in...

Like ylexot said, If the Quadrant numbers stay around the same after the X gets Froyo....some ppl did guess that the X was running Froyo already, or at least JIT...I hope they are wrong.

Someone mentioned the kernel at Droid Life and another forum. Its possible those Quadrant scores are not from a full Froyo. Froyo needed a new kernel. All the kernel makers had to make new kernels for Froyo ROMs.

Whatever the case is, it will be interesting to see what happens after Froyo is pushed out OTA.

20. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

This looks like a bunch of B.S. to me. How can people believe this? I've never seen these sites be right, im sure this is faked some how.

21. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

That quadrant score doesn't make sense. I had a rooted Droid with the latest Bugless Beast just before I went with the X and I was scoring around 1,100 with conservative OCing @ 800 mhz. Of course it was running the latest leaked froyo. This was just over a week ago.

22. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

What's the actual credibility of this?

23. emr25

emr25 Well-Known Member

This definitely either is not the final version or is completely false. The Incredible Froyo ROM is showing over 2x Quadrant scores with 2.2 over 2.1 and so did the Nexus One. Not saying the X will see that big of a leap, because it is already ridiculously fast, but it will get faster.

On a similar note, Incredibles are scoring around 550 on 2.1 and around 1200 on 2.2, and my X just scored 1295 on 2.1! Even with 2.2, the Incredible isn't any faster than the X on 2.1! Droid X FTW.

24. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

Of course there is something wrong with the quadrant, anyone who thinks 2.2 will lower the quandrant scores on the X is missing a few screws. Our phone beats the incredible handily with 2.1 (against Dinc with 2.2). There are a number of things that could contribute to the crap quandrant score.

25. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

I saw it on the internet. It must be true. :cool:

butthead007 and MadMule like this.