Droid X Sold Out At Verizon, Shipping By July 23rd

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

If you were itching to get the Droid X directly from Verizon but haven’t yet pulled the trigger, you’re in for a teeny wait; the website is now indicating that new orders will be shipped by July 23rd. That’s about a week away and good news for Verizon. Sure, they’d probably prefer to have even more [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

Oh, Thank you for sharing!

But personal, I Love HTC better, it's more freedom, and the android OS in the HTC is original, and very easy to flash.

3. metnix1

metnix1 Member

With this & the D-Inc, it is becoming abundantly clear that the Verizon order system is absolute poop. I ordered my Droid X this morning , 7/15/2010 @ 1:50am EST, with overnight shipping. I received a Sales confirmation email at 1:54am to boot. I never received an email confirmation for shipping today, so I called after work at 5:15pm. According to the representative, my order processed at 4:00pm, and I will be getting the July 23rd batch. I am so pissed its not even funny.

4. thelandon

thelandon Member

Hi! This is my first post here, so please be gentle. :)

For those of you whose orders were not fulfilled, you may want to reconsider? Now that the phone is out, I went to my local Verizon Wireless store to actually pick one up, see how it feels, how it operates, etc. One word: HUGE!

There's no way I could carry a brick like this in my jeans' front pockets. I suppose that there are some larger folks out there who can squeeze it in, but unfortunately, I'm not one of them unless I were to gain a sudden appreciation for gangsterishly-baggy jeans.

Looks like I'll still be searching for a smaller Android phone when my New Every 2 comes up in Oct. :( And, yes, I'm aware of the DInc, but I'm not a fan of it's short battery life. If anyone knows of a smaller, yet still mighty, Droid coming out in the next 3-4 months, please inform me. Thanks!

5. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Umm...I have it and it easily fits in my pocket...i hardly even know its there. So when you refer to "gangsterishly-baggy jeans" is that something normal people wear? Do you like your jeans tight?

6. voyagerlvr

voyagerlvr Well-Known Member

Verizon obviously should have planned better, but since I have waited a month for my incredible (still waiting) I am not surprised.

7. thelandon

thelandon Member

I don't consider my jeans tight. For example, in a pair of 501's, the phone may have fit but would have made a fairly large bulge... I didn't mean to offend. Just pointing out that for some, the DX isn't very pocket friendly.

8. rusky1

rusky1 Member

Especially for girls... Their pants' pockets are pretty much just for looks since they can't fit anything :p I saw a 16 year old girl at Verizon yesterday with one, i was dumbfounded.

9. Suicide_SAL

Suicide_SAL Member

I ordered my X last night with free 2nd day shipping, and got an e-mail shipping notice this morning. So yeah, Verizon's estimates are crap. lol

10. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

ladies have purse power so they can deal with much larger phones.

11. Yeltnerb

Yeltnerb Active Member

So get a man bag or murse, I am sure no one would mock you at all.

:D