• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid X Source Code Released

Personally I am fine with just being rooted for now, a custom rom would be redundant, after removal of bloatware and adding launcher pro and setCPU I really see no point anymore, this thing is SCREAMING fast as is. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see some bootloader/rom action soon, just to see what we can push it to.

Upvote 0
Personally I am fine with just being rooted for now, a custom rom would be redundant, after removal of bloatware and adding launcher pro and setCPU I really see no point anymore, this thing is SCREAMING fast as is. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see some bootloader/rom action soon, just to see what we can push it to.

I agree 100% as long as we can get an update so that the HDMI port works for more then just the default movie player. RockPlayer is much better; and being able to plug into a HDTV/Proj unit and throw up Powerpoint/PDF's would be amazing. I could care less about Blockbuster, it was the 2nd app I took off my phone after root.

It would be nice to put stock android on the device and then just use launcher pro (which I use as well). I don't like how Blur is running all the time even with a different home.

Upvote 0

I also agree
my phone performs just fine and works even better now after overclocking. Battery life is amazing aftr HIBEs mod

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones