Droid X Source Code Released

Last Updated:

1. Thalinor

Thalinor Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. newtype06

newtype06 Active Member

Sounds promising, now if only there are hints toward the bootloader...

3. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

Too bad they took out parts that would help break the encryption.:(

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Ugh. I keep wanting to upgrade to the DX, I think I can even live with the low speaker volume, but I refuse to do it unless that damn bootloader is cracked, and so far it's not looking good. Damn you again, Motorola.

5. newtype06

newtype06 Active Member

Personally I am fine with just being rooted for now, a custom rom would be redundant, after removal of bloatware and adding launcher pro and setCPU I really see no point anymore, this thing is SCREAMING fast as is. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see some bootloader/rom action soon, just to see what we can push it to.

6. Thalinor

Thalinor Member This Topic's Starter

I agree 100% as long as we can get an update so that the HDMI port works for more then just the default movie player. RockPlayer is much better; and being able to plug into a HDTV/Proj unit and throw up Powerpoint/PDF's would be amazing. I could care less about Blockbuster, it was the 2nd app I took off my phone after root.

It would be nice to put stock android on the device and then just use launcher pro (which I use as well). I don't like how Blur is running all the time even with a different home.

7. tmushy

tmushy Well-Known Member

I also agree
    my phone performs just fine and works even better now after overclocking. Battery life is amazing aftr HIBEs mod