Root Droid X Source Code Released

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Thalinor, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Thalinor

Thalinor Member

Jul 22, 2010

Advertisement
  2. newtype06

newtype06 Active Member

May 26, 2010
    VZW Salesman
    Ohio
    Sounds promising, now if only there are hints toward the bootloader...

3. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Elkridge, Maryland
    Too bad they took out parts that would help break the encryption.:(

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    Ugh. I keep wanting to upgrade to the DX, I think I can even live with the low speaker volume, but I refuse to do it unless that damn bootloader is cracked, and so far it's not looking good. Damn you again, Motorola.

5. newtype06

newtype06 Active Member

May 26, 2010
    VZW Salesman
    Ohio
    Personally I am fine with just being rooted for now, a custom rom would be redundant, after removal of bloatware and adding launcher pro and setCPU I really see no point anymore, this thing is SCREAMING fast as is. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see some bootloader/rom action soon, just to see what we can push it to.

6. Thalinor

Thalinor Member

Jul 22, 2010

I agree 100% as long as we can get an update so that the HDMI port works for more then just the default movie player. RockPlayer is much better; and being able to plug into a HDTV/Proj unit and throw up Powerpoint/PDF's would be amazing. I could care less about Blockbuster, it was the 2nd app I took off my phone after root.

It would be nice to put stock android on the device and then just use launcher pro (which I use as well). I don't like how Blur is running all the time even with a different home.

7. tmushy

tmushy Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010

I also agree
    my phone performs just fine and works even better now after overclocking. Battery life is amazing aftr HIBEs mod