Droid X Speaker (Earpiece)Support

Last Updated:

1. TJLeonard

TJLeonard Member This Topic's Starter

Does the speaker ear piece rattle on any of your DXs when you turn the volume up? They don't seem too loud on the phone, but I have a rattling sound. I can obviously solve it by turning the volume to half, but kind of get the feeling it's the sound of maybe a blown speaker....

Do I just contact Verizon and tell them what it's doing and they order a warranty replacement? I am Ok with a waiting for the replacement as it is not unusable, I just don't want it to be a problem after the warranty period.

Advertisement
  2. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Mine has been perfect! Very clear sound and the same with the speaker phone...nice and loud :)

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Active Member

My earpiece is loud and clear. My speaker is clear but not so loud for calls or music playback.

4. travishamockery

travishamockery Well-Known Member

Yes, contact them. It's not tremendously common, but it's happening to a bunch of us. Mine in particular. My girlfriend has one as well with no buzzing at all so I'm positive it's a loose speaker. I have a replacement on the way though.

5. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member

i called and i have a replacement shipping soon :)

6. jmill75

jmill75 Well-Known Member

Had the same issue, exchanged and its a world of difference

7. triadcool

triadcool Member

You guys don't need replacements!!!! My Droid X was having this same exact issue and all you have to do is take a bottle of Air Duster and spray air into the Grill that covers the speaker, this will fix the Speaker Rattle problem.

Edit: If we get more questions over this issue we may need to sticky this. I had 2 of my friends with this same problem and my solution fixed both of their Droid X phones.

8. Ryobi

Ryobi Banned

Yes, mine does and I'm pissed. Now I have to wait until aug to get a new phone. I must have the worst luck.

9. triadcool

triadcool Member

Try out the suggestion I gave above your post. It should work for you.

10. whachahuh

whachahuh New Member

I noticed the same speaker buzz problem with my X after using for about 1 week. I contact Verizon about it and they had me pull the battery, and it did seem to fix it (surprisingly). But the problem came back a few days later.

I found this posting about blowing air into the earpiece and it seems to make a big difference. I notice the buzzing now and then, depending on how deep of a voice the person on the phone has. But it is much, much better than it was.

I assume that since this thread has been idle for a few days that the problem is not very wide spread. I have a couple weeks until Verizon's "worry free 30 day guarantee" is up. Hopefully the problem does not get worse again.

11. travishamockery

the problem with this blowing air into the ear piece fix is this, it's a fix. you should NOT have to do this to make your speaker sound normal. my girlfriends phone is completely fine, it's clearly a hardware issue.

12. triadcool

triadcool Member

It is NOT a hardware issue. There is dust or some type of particles laying on the speaker that the can air blows off of it.

13. travishamockery

so what you're saying is that a bunch of droids around the county all some how ended up with some sort of mystery dust specifically on the ear piece and this can all be cured by an air spray can. that's false man. even the guy above says it helped for a bit but has come back somewhat. more realistically what you're doing is seating the loose speaker a bit better with the pressure from the air and it's temporarily solving the buzz until it comes loose again. it's a loose speaker, trust me.