Droid X - Stop moving my punctuation!Support

Last Updated:

1. CowboyAryk

CowboyAryk Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so i don't know if this is happening to anyone else, can't find anything even in a google search. Basically my beef win the phone is that if i press space and want a symbol that space away from the previous letter the phone will automatically move the punctuation next to the previous letter. All it does is switch the space and the symbol. This is really annoying if i want to oh let's say "qoute" something. Had to type the symbol and backspace to fix and then it doesn't auto correct. Any idea how to fix this? It bugs the crap outta me

Advertisement
  2. caeb

caeb Active Member

Yes I hate this too...and I have no clue how to fix it. It's annoying. The worst is with quotes. The " is always moved back to the last letter.

I have no clue if this happens with Swype...I don't like that method.

3. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

I use a lot of dashes, and it won't allow a space before it, but will after. Odd.

4. cousinscott

cousinscott Member

Have been noticing that since I got it 7/17...so yep, here too...thought it was just me...thanks for the thread!

5. tannere

tannere Well-Known Member

I had first noticed this with the "$" symbol. I was typing "it costs $40" but it made it "it costs$ 40"
    I messaged Moto about this, they were stupid with the response. I stated very very clearly what the issue was. Their response was, "Symbols automatically put a space after it is typed out"
    Nothing was said on why it deletes the space you typed and the symbol gets put on the last letter typed.
    Side note.......I find it annoying you can't rename photos through the gallery. And if you do it through the "files" app on the phone, you have to make sure to put ".jpg" or ".3gp" after you rename it, then turn the phone off and back on. I know you can change it all through mass storage mode, but I dont always want to have to hook it up to my computer

6. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

I dont have this problem .....i am able to put any symbol or exclamation etc anywhere I choose ....this raises an eyebrow?

7. CowboyAryk

CowboyAryk Member This Topic's Starter

I think its the most annoying thing ever, and moto needs to get on this

8. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

2.2 fixed this problem for me.

9. jp41

jp41 Member

Having the same issue and glad to hear 2.2 fixes the problem. Sucks with Twitter trying to type in # and @ symbols.

10. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

I ended up buying Better Keyboard

11. funkbucket007

funkbucket007 Well-Known Member

2.2 didn't fix for me. Installed an HTC_IME Custom Keyboard and am cooking with gas now.

12. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I use Swiftkey Beta...doesn't have this issue.

13. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

I retract my previous post. It seems like the issue is just intermitant now with 2.2. It's annoying, but nothing I can't deal with for a few weeks.