Droid X stopped workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. rbh5081

rbh5081 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my DX for 9 days now and today I was on the phone for about 55 minutes then it started to have echoing so we hung up well about an hour or so later I tried to make another call and the phone would not dial kept getting failed message. well lucky I have a house phone I called verizon They were very nice but my phone still does not make calls or connect. They opened a work ticket and say it could be up to three days before it gets resolved. The weird thing is I show 3 to full bars on the phone. So could it be the phone or them?
    I would just go to a store but that is at least 55 miles away. Plus I bought it at wirefly.com so I'd have to deal with them if something is wrong with phone or face a $ 300 + charge.
    Has this happens to anyone else that has had to get a replacement? Please help
    It has been about ten hours now and still no service I tried a master reset and now I can not activate the phone. Even though I still show full bars

Advertisement
  2. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Dial *228

Also, restart the phone a few more times and see if you can grab service.

Bottom line: don't let verizon bully you. 3 days is unacceptable. If they don't offer you a replacement or temp. phone, demand it.

3. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

Pull the battery

4. esn

esn Well-Known Member

It happened to me had to pull the battery a few times but it is working fine now.

5. photobuff42

photobuff42 Member

Why don't more people try this? Seems like people return the phones before they know if something is truly wrong with them, imo.

6. rbh5081

rbh5081 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I would have rather had no reply then the last one.

I finally got it working again. I had to drive to another town before it would connect to a tower and reactivate. The town was 55 miles away. When I was on the phone with verizon they had said they where updating towers they had bought from alltel to get ready for a new system. I can't believe people would reply with stupid replies.all I was asking was if people who had the X had to return theres for similar reasons. or if people had heard about a problem with verizon service.
    I am new to verizon had att for the last ten years and not once while being with att had I ever had great service then one day not have any for close to a day in the same spot. I am glad I still have a home phone.

7. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

None of the responses seem flippant or disrespectful and all seemed intended to try to help. Just a personal observation, but I believe that you might have received different responses if the thread was titled something like "Lost Service with Droid X" or "Droid X No Longer Connects" rather than "Droid X stopped working" as that title seems to imply that the phone itself was at fault regardless of what was said in the rest of the original post.

We experience similar situations where we are without service for some period for maintenance or improvements on our landlines, cable, power, water and other utilities. While I understand the frustration of being without service, especially with no notice, I'm usually happy to see that such work is being performed rather than it not being done.