Droid X stuck in Droid Red-Eye boot loop after SPF

Last Updated:

1. Grimshak

Grimshak Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I've been into rooting for a few months now. I started on the Droid and moved onto the Droid X. I got my X to 2.1 rooted, then 2.2 rooted, then the 2.2 rooted deodexed post on the forums here.

I wanted to move onto FlyX, but wanted to run it clean and not over the deodexed version I had installed. Unfortunately I hadn't made a nandroid backup of the base 2.2 version. So I decided to start COMPLETELY over by flashing the SBF like I did orginally to upgrade to 2.2 (because I had a theme).

Now, everytime I flash, it just stays in a bootloop that starts after the moto logo. It will show Droid, explode to the eye, and start over.

I've reflashed about 3 times, and taken out the battery several times for each flash. So...any ideas or am I pretty much boned?

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. Evolver

Evolver Active Member

You need to wipe data/cache when you downgrade from 2.2 to 2.1. To do this you have to be in recovery mode. Turn your phone off, hold down the home key and then hold down the power button. When the Motorola logo shows up, release the power button but keep holding the home key. Now there should be an android with an exclamation mark. Press the search button and you'll go into recovery. Do a factory reset here and you will be able to boot.

3. Grimshak

Grimshak Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you! I had heard that mentioned in another thread, but had NO clue how to access the recovery on the X. You're a life saver! Thanks!

P.S. I love these forums...

4. FreezerDroid

FreezerDroid New Member

You might laugh... put it in the freezer. Cold is only a lack of energy.. so the current stops flowing in the circuitry and blah blah blah. Once your beautiful droid x comes out heat it up with a blow dryer put in your SD CARD and battery and it will work perfectly again. Techys aren't to good with thermodynamics I guess... it was a pretty east fix when you come to the realization a bootloop is just an energy detouring bug. When the energys gone. No more bootloop.

1. Take out battery and SD.
    2. Put in freezer for about 5 -10 minutes. Don't forget about it.. if you do im not responsible for your idiocy.
    3. Take out of freezer and heat with blow dryer.
    4. Place in battery and SD. Then boot. It'll work. Enjoy the physics of energy people. If the bootloop occurs again... repeat. Your welcome.

5. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Uh.

WHAT?

An energy detouring bug?

It's a software problem. Period.

edit: I just read this again. Wait, are you suggesting that, once you remove the battery from your phone, there is still some mysterious energy traversing the circuits inside the phone that you need to slow down by putting it in the freezer?

First of all, the freezer doesn't stop energy. It's not cold enough. Second of all, the battery is the sole supply of energy in the phone. You may, for a period of a tenth of a second or so, have some residual energy from the capacitors in the phone after battery removal - but that disperses almost instantly.

If I am misreading or something, please accept my apologies - and if you have objective evidence for this, than I'll gladly eat my words. But people, please don't go dropping your phone in the freezer and then hitting it with a blow dryer. Especially not for situations like this that are clear and known software bugs.

6. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

Very bazaar fix to say the least and i'd guess based on too much parting. Im pretty sure current flows better in cold and does not make it disappear or redirect it (pulling the battery will though)

If this isn't a joke (a bad one at that) I'd have to say the poster doesn't have a clue as to how electricity works.

It would also seem to me that putting it in the freezer and removing it could cause some condensation which could cause shorts.

7. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

Please delete this, hopefully no body takes this seriously - But on a side note, even with the battery pulled doesn't the phone retain some current? like a CMOS for bios in a PC? I know those are flashed and these are almost nano electronics we're dealing with. Anyway, please don't try this anyone - look at his post count, look at his name, troll written all over it. Im curious to know if the IP is the same as a poster here.

PS - I ended tring this, but I didn't follow the directions to a T and now my X is stuck in between a toaster strudel and a klondike bar, what do I do? my hair drier only reaches to my bath tub....

8. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

Roflmao

9. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

The CMOS in a PC is powered by a small battery.

In the case of most phones, everything is simply written to non-volatile media. No current is required to keep this media stable. Just like your hard drive, or your flash drive.

So, nope. No current once you yank out the battery and the capacitors discharge.