• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X Survives Motorcycle Crash

The X was in a neoprene case, those soft black ones you can buy. didn't even break the headphone jack.

I took pictures of my injuries, but they're a little graphic for this forum.

2005 Honda CBR 600rr.

stuff like this really opens your eyes. This is my 10th year riding.

2010 R1 here.

+1 on the eye opener. i've been riding street for 13 years, and i've been in 3 accidents. 2 on the track, and 1 on the street. makes you realize just how quickly things can change. but it also makes you realize just how much the human body can take (believe me, i'm still reminded every morning). and thank god for leather and helmets.
glad to hear you (and the x) are okay. amazing how tough a phone with 7 sq" of glass can be.

rubber side down brotha!

get well soon.

Upvote 0
ugh. broken ribs are the worst. nothing you can do, except try not to yawn, try not to laugh, try not to cough, try not to roll to that side, etc. i hate broken ribs.

Yeah, it was about the worst pain I've ever felt in my life...and like you said, there isn't much you can do for them either. My gf and I had broken up before the accident and got back together after the accident....she thought it was hilarious to poke me there and see me jump. She is now my ex again :p lol

Upvote 0
wow! good to see all these riders on the android forums.

I'm currently recovering from a ton of freakin road rash. It's a good thing i was wearing full gear, or I would be HURTING ever more so.

Adventure Rider Motorcycle Forum is an awesome website. thank you!!

ride safe everyone! rubber side down.

oh, isnt it the best when they have to scrub it out?. ugh, recovering from that stuff sucks.

Upvote 0
The X was in a neoprene case, those soft black ones you can buy. didn't even break the headphone jack.

I took pictures of my injuries, but they're a little graphic for this forum.

2005 Honda CBR 600rr.

stuff like this really opens your eyes. This is my 10th year riding.

I rode for 20 years(16 to 36) before quitting. Never got into an accident but had dozens of close calls where I should have gone down. Drivers turning left in front of me on red lights, oil slicks and just about losing it, mis judged corners when sport riding in the mountains, etc, etc, etc. CBR600F2 to F4s for most of it. Never got into the liter bikes. The reason I quit is that my wife crashed her very first time out. She took the MSF, did all of the practice riding, got her license and the first time out, she panics and locked up the front brake while making a right. Not badly hurt. Just her shoulder which bothers her even now from time to time. I look at it as a blessing that she crashed then because she probably would have died in a more serious accident eventually. The bike she crashed was a Honda Hawk GT (NT650) which I had just completely restored including a new tank and all new plastic. Both the F4 and Hawk were sold within two weeks.

Upvote 0
I rode for 20 years(16 to 36) before quitting. Never got into an accident but had dozens of close calls where I should have gone down. Drivers turning left in front of me on red lights, oil slicks and just about losing it, mis judged corners when sport riding in the mountains, etc, etc, etc. CBR600F2 to F4s for most of it. Never got into the liter bikes. The reason I quit is that my wife crashed her very first time out. She took the MSF, did all of the practice riding, got her license and the first time out, she panics and locked up the front brake while making a right. Not badly hurt. Just her shoulder which bothers her even now from time to time. I look at it as a blessing that she crashed then because she probably would have died in a more serious accident eventually. The bike she crashed was a Honda Hawk GT (NT650) which I had just completely restored including a new tank and all new plastic. Both the F4 and Hawk were sold within two weeks.

certainly a blessing in disguise. some people just dont have the instincts to ride a motorcycle. and most of those people end up seriously hurt.

and good for you for giving it up. i know that after riding for 20 years, it mustve been hard. it's admirable that you did that for a loved one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones