Droid X tetheringSupport

Last Updated:

1. roadhawg

roadhawg New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently got a Droid X and I was trying to use the tethering using PdaNet and it works fine then I get the blue screen of death. I need to run the Pda install again and it works fine for a while. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

root it and get wireless tether. rooting is super easy.
    google "droid x one click root." simply download the program, connect your phone, put it in PC mode, and click. the wireless tether is absolutely awesome.

3. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

Our use bluetooth tethering which does not need rooting.

4. chikilindroid

chikilindroid Member

I just root my DX with universal androot and i download the wireless tether. Does verizon charge dor the use of the app

5. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

nope. the official 3g hotspot feature is $20/month for 2GB access. but, you have to add that feature to your acct. the wireless tether is free. there is no way for them to charge for it.

6. ZeNerd

ZeNerd New Member

<bump!>

Hi,

I'm new here and pleased to meet you all.

I just got a Droid X too, and am having the very same problem.
    Like RoadHawg, PdaNet runs fine for a random amount of time, then I get the blue screen saying the stop point is pneteth.sys. :(

I'll contact the company directly, and will post my experience here.

I do not want to root my phone, and my phone is my only web connection, so I would be hugely grateful for a good tethering solution that doesn't involve rooting.

Many thanks for any help!

UPDATE:

Here's my promised update. :)

I contacted June Fabrics directly, and they promptly replied that I got a bad build of PdaNet, that was only on their download site for a few days. I downloaded a new version, and problem solved!

Of course in the meantime I did a clean install of XP, but at least I have a clean PC. ;)

7. whalebus

whalebus Well-Known Member

I use "EasyTether". I use a Linux PC and it's the only non-technical solution that supports Linux PCs (also supports Windows). Trouble-free so far.