• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid X Theme for BB 1.1?

Why they haven't been stable for you? I know Redflea had endless problems with every build, but he (she) seems to have found one that works. Fab may be able to easily port it over for you, but I'd find out why your Droid can't handle 2.2 instead.

Its a ever-existing market issue where every app I install eventually gets stuck on installing, and under manage apps, when I click an individual app it is always computing the data. Ive found a few that have worked temporarily but the same issue always arises with Froyo ROMs eventually...

Upvote 0
gobirds895:

What method are you using when installing new Roms?

If Clockwork, are you doing a full backup and wipe?

It sounds like you may have gone from 2.1 to Froyo 2.2 FRF57 for example without doing a full wipe of the cache. Pete and others have warned that you should do a full wipe on his roms if comming from 2.1 or another developers rom, when updating to Froyo.

I uploaded and installed Petes newest FRF84B Froyo V0.4 and had zero problems comming from his Froyo (may have been FRF57, can't remember) V0.1 which was also incredibly stable. And on this particular update I only selected backup. (ClockWork Method)

That being said I upgraded the stock kernal on Petes FRF84B to Chevyno1, 1.1 GHZ ULV and had some issues with rebooting, do to what I think was excessive heat. When I backed the speed back down to 900MHZ, all became stable, and max temps per SetCpu have been about 95* . The best processor speed per quadrant has been about 1300 on this build at this setting. I did get some scores above 1400 on 1GHZ setting but it obviously wasn't worth it.

The only market issue I have at the moment is with downloading Google Maps", updates. I'm not to worried about this as I'm sure Pete will get that fixed soon.

Another suggestion, if you have ClockWork, get the paid version. I also use the fix permissions option on Petes Rom Section when I get more than a couple of Forceclose events. I also don't use the Forceclose option when the box pops up unless the "Wait" option can't resolve it.

I hope things get worked out for you soon..

Reactions: gobirds895
Upvote 0
gobirds is not the only one with the 2.2 app install hang problem. Check this thread...
http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/118259-market-app-install-issues.html

I had to roll back to BB1.1 for the same reason. Spent over a week trying to resolve with almost every popular 2.2 Rom. And yes, of course I wiped first. Would work for a bit, then quit. No one has offered any real solution yet. At least we have the silky smooth good 'ol BB1.1 to keep us going until a build emerges that fixes the issue.

Reactions: gobirds895
Upvote 0
I'm working from ROM manager, yes, and I've taken all the necessary steps to flashing new ROMs, but every froyo, and froyo only, presents this issue. That thread FLroofpro posted shows that its a widespread problem for some. Anyway, is there a possible Droid x theme for BB 1.1 until I find a stable froyo?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones