Droid X to PC connectSupport

Last Updated:

1. ripscarface

ripscarface New Member

I download the Motorola 4.6.0 Driver for 64 bit windows. I set the USB connection to PC Mode and USB Mass Storage Mode but it still does not connect. Also, I restarted my computer after installing the drivers. Is there a driver I need to install on the phone? Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. krichek

krichek Well-Known Member

Are you sure they are version 4.6? I have version 4.2 which looks like the latest to me and have no problem connecting my phone to my windows 7 machine in any of the available modes. Did you install them with administrator privileges?
    ripscarface likes this.
  3. Mr_M

Mr_M New Member

I just had a huge problem where the drivers didn't install for whatever reason in XP and after a minute or two, my computer would completely shut down on its own unexpectedly... I can't figure out why but I installed the V-Cast drivers, it crashed once again, and now it seems to work? Maybe this was the problem you were having as well ripscarface? try getting V-Cast to work and see if it helps
    ripscarface likes this.
  4. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member

Are you guys sure you are downloading the right driver version?
  5. ripscarface

ripscarface New Member

Thanks for you reply.I have Windows XP 64-bit. My account is an administrator account.Maybe the 64-bit drivers are not compatible with XP 64-bit just like they don't have Itunes for XP 64-bit.I was wondering if anyone is using this driver on a 32-bit XP and working.

BTW: How do you remove the usb icon from the notification bar up top. Thank you.
  6. ripscarface

ripscarface New Member

May you please provide with a direct link. Thank you.
  7. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

I didn't install any drivers. Just put the phone in mass storage with the wizard. You can connect wirelessly too if you share folders on the pc and use estrongs. Or the other way around, install swiftp and connect to the phone from the pc with an ftp client.
    skilleaz likes this.
  8. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

9. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

I just plugged my phone into my Vista machine, the drivers loaded fine (ver 4.6) and the VCast window popped up when it was done. It does not seem to have support for Win7, though. I'll know more when I get home tonight and try it on my laptop. I'll try XP next and let you know how it goes on that pc.
  10. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

Okay, it worked fine on the XP machine too. Both it and the Vista box are 32-bit, I can test Win7 32 and 64 bit when I get home this evening.

Just curious though, what exactly does this do for me?
  11. JubbaTheHutt

Hmmm, I wonder if its a Win 7 Issue....?
  12. ripscarface

ripscarface New Member

Issue resolved. I had to re-install the Motorola drivers. Then, I rebooted my computer and my phone. Thank you all for your help. :D
  13. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Well-Known Member

I cant get mine to connect at all on my windows 7 machine.
  14. JubbaTheHutt

After I installed the driver from Moto's site, I restarted both my PC and Droid X...I'd suggest doing the same thing.
  15. leatherteaze

leatherteaze New Member

I have been re-seeming Moto phones for years starting with the E-815 but I can not get Moto Connect to install ANY driver on XP....

I have been to all the sites that all the posts list on this site and many others and its always a "can't install hardware" every time...

Any help?