Droid X too Touch Sensitive

1. ndfan4u

ndfan4u Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to make my Droid X screen a bit less sensitive to touch. What I mean is when scrolling for music or ringtones I barely touch the screen and it selects the song or ringtone. How can I desensitize it??

Advertisement
  2. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Well-Known Member

It's funny you should say that because I noticed when I do a google image search, when I'm scrolling through the pics, sometimes it selects pics without me picking them. It actually happens a lot. Could someone maybe test this out for me?
  3. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

Get a screen protector that is known for affecting the sensitivity touchscreen? Not something I'd normally recommend, but you asked for it. :D I don't think there are any settings that can change the sensitivity. You can change the scroll speed, etc. though if that's bothering you...
  4. thehaggis

thehaggis Active Member

You need to be a little more rough with your screen, if you're too timid with it, you'll get mis-selects. Scroll Angry.
  5. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

+1. Its true, stop scrolling like a wimp and use some author-it-tye.
  6. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

+1.. then again, we might see a new thread.. "i keep long pressing apps and throwing things in the trash" :D
  7. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

The screen is heat-sensitive, not pressure-sensitive like my shitty LG Voyager. Pressing more, "solidly," may make your touch more accurate, but how hard you press doesn't actually change how well it detects the touch.

Maybe you have hot hands? :p
  8. ptown434

ptown434 Well-Known Member

Also, I have adapted to holding the finger on items longer. If you barely tap anything it'll select it. But if you tap and hold and then scroll around, it won't do anything. Unless you hold it too long in one place, and then you'll get a pull down menu.

So, like the others said, don't be too gentle with the swiping and tapping.
  9. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member

hold down and scroll - bet you're slightly tapping it, causing it to select

that, or touch right next to an app and scroll