Droid X Various Battery Life

Last Updated:

1. rstegner

rstegner New Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my DX since it came out in July... I work in a Rural area in a Cinderblock and brick building so my reception when I am at work sucks to say the least which I know kills my battery, but... I have tweeked it enough that I get about 18 hours of battery life during a normal day. The problem I have noticed is that about once a week my battery goes from 80% to 10% in about 20 minutes and the back of the phone gets warm. If I pull the battery for about 10 min. It works fine for another week or so.
    Any one else seeing something like this?

Advertisement
  2. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I work in a building where my reception goes to 1 bar, then up to full bars as soon as I walk outside. I have the extended battery and it easily lasts me a day and a half even when having it at work for so long.

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Sounds like you open up some app that then doesn't close correctly and eats your battery alive. And to kill it that fast makes me think it's some kind of GPS issue that goes along with the rogue app. I'd say to check you battery status when you see this happen, but that turd force closes more than it opens, so you might not be able to get anything from that. Maybe try installing Traffic Stats Light, there may be something doing a lot of data in the background, and that can chew up a battery pretty good in an area with a weak signal, since it needs to boost power to work. Like yesterday, www.woot.com was doing a Woot-Off, and I had my WootWatcher app set to tell me every time there was a new item, and when I put my phone into my locker after break, I was around 70%. Then when I came out from my break about 3 hours later, it was down to 30%, and WootWatcher had already used 44MB of data that day. So I disabled the notification and got much better battery life the rest of the day.

4. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Install Watchdog and see if it shows anything eating your battery.