Droid X vCard Import?Support

Last Updated:

1. hugebob

hugebob Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I just got my Droid X and I'm trying to transfer the contacts from my old LG VX8600 to the Droid X. Doing this over Bluetooth is arduously slow. Via BitPim, I've been able to get the contacts from the LG to my notebook. BitPim can export them to vCards files which I can then transfer to the DroidX via USB cable. My question is, once I transfer the file(s), how do you import them into the contacts list?

Advertisement
  2. jon hazle

jon hazle Active Member

I seem to remember if you are on verizon the website for backup assistant has a import vcard option on it somewhere

3. hugebob

You're right! You can. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried exporting to both vcard version 2.1 and 3.0. But, their import utility doesn't seem to understand or like the file contents. There are no errors. Just the data that is imported is screwed up.

4. hugebob

Ahhh, wait! I don't know why I didn't try this before. But, taking one of the vcard files I exported and importing it into my contacts on the GMail site worked!! All the numbers went in. Now, how do I get the phone resynch with the GMail contacts?

5. jon hazle

jon hazle Active Member

Sorry about the long time for response

Ok go into messaging then hit menu button and then hit menu button hit manage accounts then pick gmail account and you should see a sync gmail contacts button.

Hope that helps

6. hugebob

No problem. I was able to upload my contacts directly into GMail. From that point, they got synched to my phone.