Droid X Verizon Anti-Glare Screen ProtectorAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Fabyloso

Fabyloso Member This Topic's Starter

Installed the Verizon Anti-Glare Screen Protector last night. Coming from a Steinheil Crystal Clear Screen Protector on my Droid Incredible, I am not super-crazy about this one for the X. It does do a good job of keeping away glare and keeping away fingerprints, although gives the screen a matte finish and a matte-like feel to it. The Steinheil for the Inc had a glassy-like feel, and I loved that, although still had lots of fingerprints. The Verizon Protector also does not cover the entire screen. I thought this was going to be a deal-breaker, but gave it a try anyway. It definitely does not bother me. It covers only the UI screen and leaves a decently looking glossy black border for the Motorola and Verizon logos.

I don't know yet, if I'm staying with this screen or not yet. But going to try it out for some time atleast. So far I'm about 80% ok with it.

Advertisement
  2. Mike S

Mike S Active Member

I put one on yesterday and took it off about an hour later. I thought the screen looked a little dimer with it and it didn't seem that much better at reducing glare. It did keep the fingerprints off it pretty well.

3. Sublimation

Sublimation Active Member

I have this same screen protector. If it weren't for the massive real estate that this screen has, I wouldn't really use one at all. I'm not a fan of cases and screen protectors, but so far this one seems to be ok. It doesn't have the silky feel that my iPhone screen had, but the glare reduction is decent, and it does a good job of hiding fingerprints etc. So far, I'm pretty satisfied with it.

4. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

I agree, it does give it a "fuzzy" look - you can even feel the grain if you will to the plastic.

5. thericksonebay

thericksonebay Active Member

I agree it makes the screen kind of look pixilated to me although i love the no glare and no fingerprints, also in direct sunlight this is terrific, but the screen is dimmed way down by this screen protector. i like the zagg invisi shield but they feel like rubber to me. so still debating.

6. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

All of VZW's branded screen protectors I've taken chances on have been horrible, low-quality grade. Honestly, even at $5 a protector, it's not worth it.

7. Fabyloso

It's not that the Verizon is low quality. It does what it says and actually pretty good. Just some drawbacks, and decisions between matter of opinion.

8. Fabyloso

I agree, Zagg has a rubbery feel and that "orange peel" look. I would not go with Zagg, imo.

9. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

The Verizon screen protector pissed me off. No matter how much I cleaned, blew off the phone , wash hands, etc. I got particles under the protector and wasted the first 2 trying to get it on. So, I basically paid $12 for one crappy screen protector.

I wonder how scratch resistant the screen is.

10. maniacman54

maniacman54 Well-Known Member

i just installed the screen protector. it looks horribly fuzzy. makes the pictures turn out all weird, but thankfullly its an easy fix. i ordered the phantom skinz. should be coming next week. will try and post pictures of it.

11. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

I actually like the feel of the Verizon protector a lot. It is also barely noticeable the its on. The look of the screen -- well-- it could be better! It does make it look strange especially on white backgrounds

12. JWhitmer

JWhitmer Member

I don't mind the feel of the Verizon protector. It seems to let my fingers glide nicely for using the new swype technology. That being said, does anyone have experience with covers that are slipperier than other?

13. Fabyloso

Use scotch tape to lift the protector and another piece of scotch tape to remove dust particles. Took me a good 20 minutes to get it perfect. I did this dry, btw.

14. Fabyloso

Because VZW gives us 3 sheets, I went ahead and ordered a Steinheil Ultra Clear protector. I know how it feels already from my Inc, and I figured I'd give it a try. If it fails, I can go back to the VZW protector.

15. kishin14

kishin14 Well-Known Member

I have it on my phone too. I've gotten used to it and it really does help a great deal in sunlight. I was able to read an article from my NYTimes app on my walk to the subway.

16. lesscryptic2

lesscryptic2 Well-Known Member

i didnt ask for anti-glare and he gave it to me

i really hate it

im gonna wait for a steinheil though

17. lesscryptic2

lesscryptic2 Well-Known Member

oh steinheil is out, nice

18. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll try a Stein. I went into VZW earlier and got a high gloss case and a pack of three screen protectors (anit-glare). I took it off in the parking lot. What a waste of money. The screen looked fuzzy and dull.

I was wondering how scratch resistant the screen is as well. I didn't have anything on my Moto Droid and it held up nicely.

19. Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE Well-Known Member

The VZW screen protector for the X is AWFUL.
    I asked two different VZ reps if they in fact actually covered the entire Glass surface. They said yes.
    WRONG!!
    Not only did they not cover the entire glass area...they were all defective!
    bends, scratches.
    Got my $$ back.

Goin' with the Steinheil. Boxwave isn't available yet.

20. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member