Droid X -vs- Droid 2 > Side-by-Side?

Last Updated:

1. av8solo101

av8solo101 New Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone tell me where to find a comparison of the Droid X and Droid 2? As I see it now, I think the X will do me fine since I never use the hardware qwerty on my Moto Droid. I'm trying to decide on which to go with...I've almost worn out my Moto Droid and loved every bit of it.

Advertisement
  2. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

Motorola Droid 2 fully exposed? -- Engadget

How I see it...X has a larger screen, is lighter, faster processor and HDMI port. The 2 is one of the ugliest recent phones in memory, but will reportedly ship with Froyo and has a physical keyboard. The shipping with Froyo isn't a big deal since the X should be upgraded in late summer anyways (when the 2 becomes available). The only reason I can see for getting the 2 over the X is if you want a physical keyboard.

3. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

Yeah I think Droid 2 is just there to prove how useless HW keyboard has become in a world with large multi touch screen phones. I don't see too many Droid users getting Droid 2 as most of them deems the keyboard useless.

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

it was deemed useless because the keyboard was soooo bad. The buttons were mushy, and had little definition. Its said that both of those issues as well as the removal of the dpad have greatly improved the experience on the droid 2

5. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

If you need a physical keyboard get the Droid 2. Otherwise, Droid X all the way!!!