Droid X vs. Droid

Last Updated:

1. kickenwing13

kickenwing13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I hear the root of the original Droid is more thorough. My friend has one and he's starting to resent having it because it runs like crap. I'm trying to learn how to root the original. In general. What's the difference difference in installing a rom on the Droid vs. Droid X. I have successfully achieved root with it, but now looking to install a ROM.

Advertisement
  2. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

thanks to the boot strap app for the x the flashing process is much the same. i just switched to the x from the droid 1 myself and can say that the x is a better device. however, the boot loader on the d1 does bring more of an enjoyable root experience though. d1 has more devs working with it and they are allowed much more freedom with their roms. also the d1 has a slew of kernals for you to chose from as well as basebands.

just download rom manager and always boot into recovery and do a factory reset, go into partitions and wipe boot and system. then reboot and enjoy!

always keep a current nandroid backup!!

3. kickenwing13

kickenwing13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So on the market the DX bootstrapper will work for the D1 or is it a different boot strap? So I just save the zip file to the sd card .. load into boot strap.. clear cache n all that .. and install from sd card? Or you make the back up.. and go through rom manager, which i've never used.

4. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

no no no lol. boot strapper is for the x. the d1 only needs root and rom manager. in rom manager flash clockwork recovery. load the rom on your sd card. in rom manager select backup current rom. then in rom manager select install rom from sd card and of course select wipe data and cache.

note: it isn't nessecary to back up current rom again since you just did that. just make sure to keep a current backup in case you dont like your fresh rom.