Droid X vs. Incredible comparison review

Last Updated:

1. Garemlin

Garemlin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Didn't have time to read it yet but figured you guys can. One thing though is this side by side pic. Wow!!!! The X looks huge next to the DI. That is alot of screen real estate. I've seen quite of few comparison pics but that one really brings it into perspective.

Motorola DROID X vs. HTC Droid Incredible (Phone Arena Reviews)

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    kwaping and fiskadoro like this.
  2. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

What's really strange is that the X doesn't look that much bigger in the picture of the two phones on a table side-by-side. However, the X looks MUCH bigger in the picture of both of them being held side-by-side.

Attached Files:

3. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

To be honest I though the photos from the incredible looked a lot better than those from the droid; esp the colour spectrum; also those from the droid x looked over sharpened.

4. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

This is the classic camera bias of two objects when one is held a little closer to the lens. The X is being held closer (unless the dude has very different sized hands).

The adult video industry has used this "bigger" trick for many years ;)

update:

Actually, it must be biased, since look at the relative phone size in the equal level picture compared to the hands one. There is definite position bias for the X in the hands one. Optical illusion, since the hands picture shows more size difference than the level picture. Please compare top and bottom spacing in both pics. The hands picture has a device space gap at top and bottom, but the level pic only has top gap and it is actually LESS than the top gap in the hands one. Way off.

Bad size comparison pic, due to positional bias of the hands.

5. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

That was an interesting comparison. Thanks for posting. I like Sense too, and the notion of a Droid X with a more Sense-like feel sounds ideal, therefore I think the X will be very neat with LauncherPRO or equivalent and a few extra widgets from the Android Market.

6. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

In person the X is different then what I thought it would be. For instance the hump on the back is really non existent. In pictures you think you'd really be able to notice it but not so much.

7. cray

cray Member

Thanks for posting this review. Size will be in my decision to go X or Inc.

8. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

That is a great comparison review.

9. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics, and like someone else said the X doesn't feel huge in person and the hump isn't even noticeable when holding.

But man that X looks like a beast in those pictures, I'm getting more excited.

10. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

11. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Yep, and confirms the hands picture above is not held on an equal level and angle in relation to the lens. Size is way off.