• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

droid x vs. r2d2 vs. incredible

i found out that i have an upgrade soon and started to research about all the droid devices on verizons service. For me, it has come down to the X, R2D2, and the incredible. i really want the r2d2, but 350 is alot up front even with getting the 100 back with rebate. if you have had any experience with these phones could you let me know what your favorite things about the phone are, and some of the things that you would have changed or something that bugs you about the phone. thanks

What features are important to you?
What do you plan on using it for?

I have no idea about the R2D2, but isn't it just a Droid2 with a fancy skin? The DX and Dinc are both quality phones. Whichever is 'best' is really up to individual tastes. Both are quality phones with a lot of customization available. The Samsung Galaxy is also a quality phone. Go to the store and play with them, pick one and use 30days to decide if its really the one you want.

Upvote 0
If you plan on traveling a lot, get the global. Otherwise I would say find a regular droid 2. should be about $150 instead of $200 for the global.

As far as the keyboards go, I am the kind of person who needs a physical keyboard so thats why I choose the droid 2. If you are not sure what is best for you, go to the store and try them out. See which one you like better.

Upvote 0
I feel the same way, but the DX keeps drawing me in. i have small hands so the screen size seems like it may be a problem, but i feel the keyboard will be plenty enough for me on the screen. i keep bouncing between all the phones and nothing seems to lean me one way or the other. Guess i'll have to go to verizon this weekend and play with them one more time to decide.

Upvote 0
I too couldn't make up my mind and hated the touch screen keyboards from the ones I'd played with in the past. I loved the keyboard on the env3 I had and was about sold on the Droid2. I came home with the DroidX. Keyboard is awesome, can type as fast as I could with the real keyboard with the exception of numbers and some punctuation, but getting the hang of it. Have 0 issues hitting the wrong key, sense is great. Sounds like multi-media is gonna be a main function, so get the big screen and DX!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones