Droid-X Wi-fi issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bruno43

Bruno43 Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, sorry if this is a re-post, I tried searching for and manually scrubbing about 10 days worth of posts but found nothing on it.

I just got my Droid X two days ago and absolutely love it but it is having major wi-fi issues. It will connect, show me in every possible way that is connected but will not let me use the connection, e.g., browse the web, market store or any other type of internet/intranet connectivity.

Is there any fix for this? Is it a software issue or hardware issue? Should I wait for the updates from Motorola or should I (and really don't want to) return it for another Droid X?

If returning/exchaning it is my only option is there a way to backup all the apps/settings for my phone since I spent a lot of time customizing it already?

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I think you need to choose one of the WiFi signals for it to connect to. After that it will remember which one to use.

Try this app: Quick Settings . It makes it easy to see what to do with that and make general settings much easier to use.

3. Bruno43

I do choose, it shows me connected, gives me an IP address and shows the level of connectivity.

4. speedbagger

speedbagger Active Member

stand on the router.....kidding aside, the x's wifi has issues.

search again and you will find suggestions for router settings, etc. for me, however, nothing works better than getting closer to the source.

good luck.

5. Bruno43

I know it has issues, my question is it a fixable issue with a software update?

Changing wi-fi settings or getting close is not an option at work

6. appleboy

appleboy Active Member

Do you use any other devices on your wireless network? Are you able to surf the web etc? It may be a setting in the router at work not allowing you to surf the web.

Have you tried it on different wireless networks? (i.e. starbucks or any other free wi-fi hotspot, friends house etc.)

7. Bruno43

I am switching from my iPhone to the Droid X and have always been able to surf at work on any and all devices.

I have tried my work wireless, home wireless and friends wireless none of which works, while my old phone can use the wifi just fine.

8. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Under the circumstances it might be prudent to try doing a master reset on the phone. Depending on what app's you may have installed there is a chance that one of the app's could have caused an issue with your WiFi.

The fact that you indicate that the WiFi connects and receives an IP address from the network tells me that you are, in fact, connecting to the wireless. And since you've tried this on three different wireless networks it's equally unlikely that you're running into an incompatibility with the wireless access point/router (unless by some miracle you, your friend, and your work all use the same wireless devices and firmware). If, after getting an IP address, you are unable to surf the net then something else may be stepping on your phones routing table.

If this doesn't resolve the problem then I think getting the phone exchanged might also be prudent...

9. Bruno43

Just did a factory reset still have the same issue, I am going to upgrade to Froyo to see if the software will fix it, if not I will, unfortunately, have to exchange it as Martimus suggests.

10. Bruno43

Installing Froyo has fixed this problem. Thank you all for your help.

11. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

Nice, and congrats! Thanks for the update.

12. nani987

nani987 New Member

how can i install froyo on to my xperia x10

13. nani987

nani987 New Member

i have the same problem with my xperia x10 hand set can any one pls help me..it shows the wireless network is connected but i cant browse r download apps from market.......previously am able to browse but from 2 days am unable to do so.......i can do it on my 3g network but not on wifi.....