Droid X will not charge or mount to Mac book proSupport

Last Updated:

1. drumz311

drumz311 New Member This Topic's Starter

When I try to charge or mount my Droid X to my Mac Book Pro, this message appears. "A USB device needs more power". So I cannot sync files or charge my phone. Never had this problem with the regular Droid, please help!

Advertisement
  2. ChiefHopper

ChiefHopper Well-Known Member

Where on the MBP are you plugging in the USB cable? And is your MBP plugged in and charging?

drumz311 likes this.
  3. wharpig

wharpig Well-Known Member

are you plugging it into a USB hub or a docking station? if it says it needs more power than the USB port is not providing enough power to the phone.

if your not using a hub or docking station try unplugging all USB devices and then plug in the phone....or just try rebooting the computer and the phone. Some hubs and docking stations are USB 1.0 devices, which probably would not feed enough power to the phone.

drumz311 likes this.
  4. mlc331

mlc331 Well-Known Member

how old is your MBP. I've got a MBP and it works like a champ. My MBP is less than a year old and I believe that the USB ports are 2.0 ports. Additionally, I'm able to tether very easy and takes the link about 8 seconds to start up. Might want to check the cord as well. Make sure you don't have a bad cord.

Good luck

drumz311 likes this.
  5. drumz311

drumz311 New Member This Topic's Starter

Wow thanks for the quick replies. After reading your comments I was trying to plug my phone into the usb plug on my usb keyboard for my MBP. So, I plugged the phone directly into the computer and whola! Thank you so much for the help