Droid X with Outlook Express - How?Support

Last Updated:

1. davesuff

davesuff New Member This Topic's Starter

My wife bought a Droid X at Verizon today. :) She specifically asked if it would sync with her Outlook Express calendar (not a corporate Exchange server) and was told that Yes - it would. What they neglected to mention was that she would need to purchase a software package to do so. :mad: Does anyone know of a freeware package that works? I found a $40 package, but would rather not pay for this if I don't have to. Not having problems with email - just the calendar. She does NOT want to use the Google calendar. Thanks!!!

Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Why not just add the account to your X and as long as your Outlook Express isn't running, you can still check your email.

What I do is have all my email programs (home, phone, work) check my email, but they are all set to leave them on the server and I have a sidebar email app that I use to delete them periodically during the day.

davesuff likes this.
  3. davesuff

davesuff New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the quick response, but what she really needs is synchronization with the Calendar in Outlook Express. She's not having any problem with email. Sorry for omitting that piece of info. She definitely does NOT want to use the Google calendar. I updated the post. Ideas? Thanks!!

4. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions.

I use my Exchange (work) calendar for nearly everything since the Google one won't help much at work and with my phone on vibrate, I'd probably just miss it. For $40, I'd just learn to use Google. In the long run, I suspect it'd be easier, (but I know what it's like to change a woman's mind). :D

5. skiahh

skiahh Well-Known Member

If you use the Google Sync, you can set it up to do one way - Outlook to Google Calendar - which will then download to your Droid. You never have to use Google Calendar or anything and the Outlook items will be sync'd to your Droid calendar.

Or you can use 2 way sync and then items on your Droid will upload to your Google Calendar and be pushed to your Outlook Calendar.

Either way, you never have to use Google Calendar... it's just the vehicle for syncing with the device.