Droid X won't charge batterySupport

Last Updated:

1. mawgspawn

mawgspawn New Member

I have a brand new Droid X, which I got from the insurance company Asurion to replace my old Droid X which had a broken screen.
    My new phone refuses to charge the battery. For example, my battery is at 20%, and I plug it in, within 5 minutes I get the message that the battery is fully charged. As soon as I take it off the plug it drops back down to 20%.

Is there any way to fix this? I have tried with 2 separate batteries, and the result is the same, so it is not an issue with the battery. both batteries charge normally in the old Droid X, neither will charge in the new one.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Welcome to the AndroidForums, mawgspawn :).

Sorry to hear about your battery issues...I've moved your thread to the Support and Troubleshooting sub-forum, where you should hopefully get more views and replies.

Also, I have seen several battery-related threads in that sub-forum, so hopefully, someone might have an idea about what is going on in your particular case.

It almost sounds like the battery stats are goobered-up (which don't change with different batteries--it is one of the constants here)...have you tried to see if the battery actually is more charged than what it is saying by simply seeing if it actually stays on?

I guess you could have simply gotten a bad replacement X from Asurion...

Anyway, I'll let the others chime-in with their ideas.

Good luck!
  3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I've dealt with Asurion before, and they don't always get you a completely functional model. My first replacement from them had a defective screen, so it's always possible you got a dud from them. You could also try letting it charge a battery overnight, then observe the behavior on the following day. It might not help you solve it per se, but you might have a better handle on the problem.
    scary alien likes this.
  4. Wpz2000

Wpz2000 Well-Known Member

Was your battery in good condition before you got the replacement phone?

Could be bad battery.
    Could be bad phone.
    Could be both...

Could just need the battery calibration file cleared. Try installing Battery Calibration and run it a couple of cycles (full charge then discharge)