Droid X won't charge off PCSupport

1. AmneonX

AmneonX Well-Known Member

I plugged my Droid X into my computer in my office to give it a charge, and when I went to pick it up later the green LED was on, and it seemed to be completely dead.

Does anyone know why this happens? This is the second time it happened to me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

Any chance your company disabled your USB ports? When you plug in does your X notify you tht it is conected via USB. Should be in the notification bar.
  3. AmneonX

Yea it says its connected and everything. No, they didn't disable the USB ports I have to use them for the cameras. Strange thing is, after it died on the office PC, I plugged it into my laptop and it still wouldn't charge. Still got the stupid green LED tho.
  4. Bankswood

You mention the green light but what does the battery icon look like? Does it have a red circle with a line thru it?

Ok I'm going to suggest a few things

1. Do a battery pull
    2. When you plug it in and see the USB connect icon pull down the notification screen and see what setting you are in. Try different settingd such as Charge Only, Mass Storage, etc.
    3. Try a different cord
    4. Try wall charger. Sometimes when a battery is completely dead you need the added "power" provided by wall current
  5. AmneonX

The thing is, when I plugged it in to the computer at work it had 15%. I left my office and came back 10 minutes later and it was dead. The Green LED is the light that you get when you plug it in but it is not charging. I ran to Wal-Mart on my lunch and bought a Wall charger for my office, now i'm all set.
  6. Bankswood

You saying the wall charger is working?
  7. mortymouse

mortymouse Well-Known Member

Charging via USB can take forever, same with my car charger. Good plan on a wall charger for the office.
  8. Bugly

Bugly VIP Member VIP Member

The USB ports don't seem to have enough amperage to recharge Moto phones, my wife has a D2G that won't charge USB either, seems to use more than the USB can provide.
  9. shelland

shelland Well-Known Member

Were you running anything that could have been discharging faster than it was charging via USB?