Droid X, you are such a tease...Support

Last Updated:

1. HarryKeogh

HarryKeogh Active Member This Topic's Starter

I ordered my Droid X a couple of weeks ago thinking I would get it in August but instead I got it yesterday. Sweet! Unfortunately my AT&T contract (for the iPhone 3G) expires Sunday so I can't set up my DX until Monday or else pay about 60 bucks in early termination fees.

So for 48 hours I have to use my iPhone 3G (which I used to love until I updated to iOS 4.0 which rendered it incredibly slow) while the DX, lifeless and cold, sits on my shelf.

I'm not one for hyperbole but this is going to be the most difficult weekend of my, or perhaps anyone's, life.

Advertisement
  2. cornflwr33

cornflwr33 Well-Known Member

You can't overlap service? Have verizon for a few days at the same time as att?

masse likes this.
  3. HarryKeogh

Y'know, cornflwr...I have no idea.

Off to the Google.

4. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

Yeah just activate it with a new number now. Then Monday port your number over and add the x to that line cancel the other number.

5. AMDXP

AMDXP Well-Known Member

Call VZW...they may pay the early termination fee....this was mentioned somewhere in the haystack of threads either here or over in the Verizon forum.

6. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

That won't work if the OP wants his number ported. As soon as the port goes through, the AT&T contract terminates and the ETF kicks in.

7. memillh

memillh Well-Known Member

This is what I would do as well, if you'd like to use it now. Activating under a completely new number for a couple of days won't affect your AT&T situation.

8. HarryKeogh

Sweet. So I could just set up the DX today, it will assign me a number and then what I do on Monday? Call Vzw and tell them I want to port the iphone's number and cancel the one I set up with?

Does it matter that when I bought the phone they took down my iPhones number?

9. memillh

memillh Well-Known Member

I would just call customer service today - from a separate phone, and tell them what you're trying to do. They'll ensure that the iPhone number isn't ported out too early (since you already gave it to them) - and then ensure that a new number is generated. When you're ready for the port (Monday), just call customer care back at that time - and tell them to proceed with the port. Should only take a couple hours for the port to come through. I did something similar - and it actually only took the port about an hour. My temp number was gone and my ported in number was live.