Droid X: Your holding it wrongSupport

1. irhxcbcziuzxs

irhxcbcziuzxs Well-Known Member

So I called up customer service on my credit card today and its automated so i had to enter some numbers. Im sitting on my couch so I dont need to have the phone at an angle so its in my hand on its back, and I touch the number 1, nothing.. then the screen goes black, and then the dialer reappears, and it kept doing this, It works find when the phone is tilted towards me, but not on its back. This plus the auto rotation problems ive been having since 2.2 are really pissing me off :(

Advertisement
  2. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I rode my bicycle 17.5 miles yesterday.

There will be point in there somewhere, where the screen has to rotate. I mean that is just how they work.
  3. irhxcbcziuzxs

irhxcbcziuzxs Well-Known Member

starting the phone on its back makes it rotate to the right.
  4. WTF

WTF Well-Known Member

I think this thread needs to be moved to the iPhone4 forum...:D
  5. FormeriPhoney

FormeriPhoney Member

That ^
  6. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Could be related to the auto rotation problems - try calibrating your compass.
  7. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

There's a proximity sensor in the phone that senses when you hold it to talk, so you don't accidently touch something (like end call) when up to your ear.

Most likely, with the phone on it's back, your hand was covering the proximity sensor, causing the screen to go black. As soon as you move your hand away, it comes back.

It's not the phone, it's how your using it. No Apple pun intended but true. Try not covering the sensor and you'll be fine.