Droid x2 updateGeneral

1. nygfan1

nygfan1 Member

Update to 2.3.5 is out this morning. I hope it fixes the rebooting and force closing issues

Advertisement
    :
  2. jimburn69

jimburn69 Well-Known Member

Got it this morning also.
  3. coolpoete

coolpoete Well-Known Member

Let us know! :)
  4. villaire

villaire New Member

I got push upgraded by Verizon yesterday. now my phone constantly reboots about every 20 seconds or so. I haven't hacked this phone in any way. I even tried to factory reset the phone but it won't. possibly because it doesn't have enough time before it reboots???
  5. anticipator

anticipator Well-Known Member

Got 2.3.5 on 5/9 in the pm. So far no problems, no random reboots, no freezes. Movement between pages seems a bit smoother. I have reverted back to Adobe 10, rather than 11 because it works on moving images, like weather radars, flash graphics on financial websites, etc. Seems to have added Verizon video, which I would never use anyway. All's well so far. Just happy they upgraded "something." Good luck.
  6. coolpoete

it sounds like the update did not get a chance to flash properly. You have to perform a SBF back to 2.3.4 then you should be prompted to download the update again. Make sure that before downloading the update you have plenty charge on your battery.

HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2 - xda-developers
  7. ErisOwner017

ErisOwner017 Member

Got the update Friday night, haven't had a reboot since. So far so good.
  8. prj

prj Well-Known Member

My phone is rooted. So I should SBF back to factory before installing the new update? If so, can I re-root again after the update?
  9. Wizard Prang

Wizard Prang Well-Known Member

If you are at 2.3.4 Rooted, simply install and configure Voodoo OTA RootKeeper, then take the update to 2.3.5, then use VOR to restore your root access. Then send the programmer a few bucks :)

Worked for me
  10. prj

prj Well-Known Member

Please explain. I have no idea what voodoor or VOR is?
  11. Wizard Prang

As tempted as I was to send you a LMGTFY link, the answer is found here, grasshopper :)

VOR is simply an abbreviation of Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper.
  12. prj

prj Well-Known Member

I ran this app as you suggested and wasn't able to install the OTA update. I get an error that says "software update failed"

Guess I'll have to unroot to get the OTA update to work.
  13. Wizard Prang

Were you able to download the update?
  14. prj

prj Well-Known Member

I figured it out. I had removed a bunch of the bloatware apk files from my system/app folder and put them on my SD card. I copied them all back and then the update went fine. Now I just need to go through and remove the bloat again.

Thanks for your help! Lot easier than the uprooting process linked above.
  15. coolpoete

How are you going to root the OTA without first installing the Rootkeeper?
  16. prj

prj Well-Known Member

I did install rootkeeper. I just had problems running the OTA because I had moved a bunch of the bloatware apk files from system/app to my SD card. Once I moved the bloatware from the SD card back to system/app the OTA downloaded and installed just fine. Then I ran rootkeeper to restore root.

Great app!!
    coolpoete likes this.
  17. mpsrig

mpsrig New Member

Hello all,
    I had the sense to use VOR on my normal 2.3.4 without having to sbf before the update. However, I did not temp unroot before the OTA and now it is not restoring properly. Any ideas?

The su binary is definitely there and even works to some extent but it is not in the right place for apps to look for it.
  18. RELiG

RELiG Active Member

I was rooted before the update. I installed the update without reverting back, but it updated "successfully". Im no longer rooted though. What do i need to do to get rooted again?